Submission Text Full Submission Page

Game objectives

• Uses easiest difficulty
  • Manipulates luck
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Uses death to save time

Tricks

You start the game with 3 lives, but for this race I used 6, because they will be useful later.
Blaster can be used both to destroy enemies, as giving a great boost of speed.
You can also brake in case you do not want to go very fast, using C + B but the opposite direction you go.

Stage by stage comments

Stage 1
You can walk normally, power-up is not necessary, the only threat is the cylinders.
Stage 2
Here I pick up the power-up that will be used until the end of the game.
In frame 6830 I get missiles, and in 7244 I get a power-up that increases the strength of the blaster, its power went from 16 to 32.
The boss can only be damaged when he uses his attack.
Stage 3
The targets this time move, so luck manipulation is widely used.
The boss is extremely weak.
Stage 4
At this stage you have 2 power-ups, one of them is extremely powerful but self-destructs if hit by the blaster.
The boss at this stage can only be hit inside or over.
Stage 5
This was a bit tricky, because some targets have to be destroyed 2 times.
The power-up at this stage is quite strong and durable, in addition to following the enemies.
In the fight against the boss getting stopped, seems to be the best strategy.
Stage 6
At this stage there are no targets, but enemies live blocking the way.
Stage 7
I decided to use a power-up to destroy 2 targets since the distance was good.
Boss adress: 845E
He has 96 health.
Stage 8
The biggest targets have 70 energy.
This is a very interesting and unexpected boss.
He is also difficult to hit and very fast.
Stage 9
You can skip many parts of this stage by falling into the holes, after which your tank will be invulnerable for a few seconds.

Other comments

At some point I usually sit there for a while.
Some targets have a death animation, so I have wait for some frames for the counter to decrease.
Blaster does not have a fixed reload interval, so there are times when it takes me a while to use it again.
Power-ups can be lost if you move too fast, which is why I slowed down at the end of Stage 4.

feos: Judging...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5375: Zupapa's Genesis Granada in 10:00.37
PCachu
He/Him
- Uses Newton's Third Law of Motion to save time
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Post subject: Re: #5375: Zupapa's Genesis Granada in 10:00.37
Player (26)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
You start the game with 3 lives, but for this race I used 6, because they will be useful later.
Your post doesn't indicate why this is useful.
Power-ups can be lost if you move too fast, which is why I slowed down at the end of Stage 4.
Is this something you can luck-manipulate?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Your input seems to have a lot of mashing within the shooting (and starting input), and not the kind that's clean either. I haven't ran this back on emulator (nor is it possible for me for now) but just looking over the work provided it doesn't seem clean. (There's also 2 frames of blank input after ending input) I also don't think you should've done extra lives... Edit: I checked regardless. Copying your input method, you're 20 frames slower out the gate. You cannot mash past the SEGA screen. You got past the Wolfteam Screen correctly (surprisingly). You got the Granada Screen correctly (surprisingly). Your menuing was shocking.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
It doesn't look like your boss fights are optimal. You should try to be as close to them as you can for the cannon to hit sooner. Also, this is just a personal gripe, but I think it would have been more entertaining on the hardest difficulty.
Post subject: Re: #5375: Zupapa's Genesis Granada in 10:00.37
Zupapa
He/Him
Player (117)
Radiant wrote:
Power-ups can be lost if you move too fast, which is why I slowed down at the end of Stage 4. Is this something you can luck-manipulate?
Yes, at various stages I lose them on purpose, in Stage 4 I manipulated him so he would not get stuck on the wall.
Spikestuff wrote:
Your input seems to have a lot of mashing within the shooting (and starting input), and not the kind that's clean either. I haven't ran this back on emulator (nor is it possible for me for now) but just looking over the work provided it doesn't seem clean. (There's also 2 frames of blank input after ending input).
I do this so as not to risk losing some frame.
I also don't think you should've done extra lives...
Extra lives are extremely necessary to complete stage 2 and stage 9 in record time. Notice that I saved a few seconds at the end of stage 2 using a shortcut through the air. In stage 9 I did it 3 times. In short, extra lives are indispensable.
Zupapa
He/Him
Player (117)
RaijinXBlade wrote:
It doesn't look like your boss fights are optimal. You should try to be as close to them as you can for the cannon to hit sooner.
This would only work on the first shot, the cannon's strength prevents me from approaching the bosses.
Also, this is just a personal gripe, but I think it would have been more entertaining on the hardest difficulty.
On the hardest difficulty you start with 8 energy bars and 200 time at each stage. With 8 bars of energy I would have to be careful not to take damage, and that would cause me to waste time. I just used the easiest difficulty because of speedrun.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Zupapa wrote:
I do this so as not to risk losing some frame.
You're lying. Have a 26 frame Spiked improvement. Which Makes this a sub 10 TAS. Fixes up the 20 frame laziness which the author isn't bothering to correct apparently. Cleans up useless mashing that does absolutely nothing. And corrects the final shot at the final boss (more can be shaved)... which makes me query "Is this really optimized or is this RTA input disguised as TAS input?" I was going to bother going through each level with the shots for faster movement, but it's not worth doing especially when the author won't triple check anything. And since this is Spiked it's free update with no need to add my alias similar to all the other Spikes I've produced... unless it was heavy and requires me to Eek over it again. Edit:
Spikestuff wrote:
which makes me query "Is this really optimized or is this RTA input disguised as TAS input?"
Yeah, make that 12 more frames off the final few shots (not including movement at boss). I don't want to look into the input for the final boss (or any boss for that matter), so I didn't check if I could improve even further. I only produced final input where I don't have to care about movement, and where Zupapa placed the final shots. So this can be improved by a good couple of seconds, and I personally want to see more produced out of this, rather than the state it is in.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom