Submission Text Full Submission Page
Trojan time!
Trojan is a kinda simple game. You play as this great warrior who has faboulus powers. Basically this means he can walk forward and strike enemies with his sword. He also has a shield and the power to jump. Despite the fact that it is simple I really like this game. It's sort of hard because you are limited to a few movements but it's still not that hard to control.
It's been more or less a year now since I started with time attacking. I really sucked back then ;)
This run is almost a minute faster than my previous run which I thought was pretty good. It was not apparently.
The improved time is basically from better boss fights. I used new strategys against every boss and also manipulated some of them to act like I wanted.
The second last boss, King Shriek, is a bit different than the others because before he/they appear they toss small stones all over the place. I didn't want to get hit by the stones but I made sure I could strike the boss/es as soon as possible, thus it resulted in some necessary waiting there. Also, they are not vulnerable before they come out from the wall so the waiting is necessary anyway.
I make two stops to pick up power upgrades. This is good because it allows me to spank bosses really fast and it's worth it. Where I pick up the second I also gets a speed upgrade for the rest of that stage.
Oh, in stage 1-2, where I pick up the first power icon you might see a small delay. This is caused bu an invisible wall. However, any other thing that I tested was slower than this and also it's good for avoiding that mini-boss.
I made some notes of the time units, comparing my old one with this:
Old run/New run:
1-1: 181/ 181
1-2: 153/ 157
2-1: 156/ 174
2-2: 132/ 151
3-1: 170/ 171
3-2: 140/ 142
4-1: 162/ 169
4-2: 122/ 142
5: 170/ 174
6-1: 183/ 183
6-2: 148/ 150
7: 196/ 197
That's it I think.
  • As fast as possible
  • Manipulating luck
  • Takes no damage
Enjoy it!
Walker_Boh; Edit: Back to work. This can be improved further.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #577: Walker Boh's NES Trojan in 06:49.20
Former player
Whoa...that was odd. The graphics were totally glitched the entire movie, and then it desynced during the second "guy breaks out of wall" battle.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Former player
Woo. The graphic thing is most probably the ROM. I had this problem with my first run but then I got a better ROM and everything worked out fine. The desynch shouldn't be there though.. Edit: It works fine for me. It should be the ROM that is the problem then.
/Walker Boh
Editor, Active player (296)
Although it's not a particularly impressive game, this movie looks clearly much better than the previous version. Looks like you found a way to slash without delay without jumping.
Former player
Bisqwit wrote:
Although it's not a particularly impressive game, this movie looks clearly much better than the previous version. Looks like you found a way to slash without delay without jumping.
Yes. It's not slower to jump and slash if done properly but this looks better anyhows. I think I noticed a few flaws in my previous run where I stopped for a frame or two after landing. This is gone now though ;)
/Walker Boh
Former player
Yeah, I guess it was my ROM, even though the checksums matched. So I got a new one from not-my-usual place and it worked much better. I praise your love and courage.
Former player
Did it fix the desynch aswell? Other than that I hope you like it.
/Walker Boh
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I had the same problem as feitclub, even though the checksums matched perfectly. I'll try another version later. I thought the checksum was sort of failsafe but I guess it isn't.
Fihlvein
He/Him
I also had desync and graphics problems just like above. Though I saw the movie almost to very end and it looked impressive. :)
Former player
I need to try a few things more.. So I might cancel this version.
/Walker Boh
Former player
Sorry, I should have said. When I changed ROMs the graphics cleared up and the movie played correctly to the end. The "love and courage" line is taken from the end text, a little joke. Very little, it seems.
Former player
I had the same problem as feitclub and Truncated, so I tried to finish it myself. MY GOD. How the hell was anyone able beat the final boss of this game legitimately? I could get maybe one shot on him, but then I died about .01 seconds afterwards.
Just give a little tiny delay on your attacks, and corner him. Anyway I also had the problems with graphics and whatnot, but it turns out the japanese rom played through just fine (tried 5 usa versions, none worked)
Former player
That's odd, my ROM says it is the USA version, but maybe it's not?
/Walker Boh
Former player
Ouzo wrote:
I had the same problem as feitclub and Truncated, so I tried to finish it myself.
Both ROMs that I used were labelled "Trojan (U).nes" and matched checksums. However, I downloaded them from two different sources and I left the working one zipped up.
Ouzo wrote:
MY GOD. How the hell was anyone able beat the final boss of this game legitimately? I could get maybe one shot on him, but then I died about .01 seconds afterwards.
Yeah, this is a very hard game. One of the reasons I voted YES.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!