Post subject: Silly games to time-attack for...
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
I was wondering how many (retro) games out there that are too silly to time-attack. Heres one: Harvest Moon (any system)
Former player
What makes that silly? Is there no ending?
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Former player
Harvest Moon actually has a set gameplay time (I think). There is nothing to really timeattack. YOu can, however, have a point competition whenever you want. Some intense gardening plots would be awesome. But yes, that isnt what I would call silly.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Player (104)
I think a Harvest Moon game would be quite boring to watch ... Watching a boy running around, planting seeds, cutting trees, etc... for a LOT of time... that would be boring. Plus: On the SNES version, the night is infinite. That means you can spend 4 real days playing the same damn night if you want to... Harvest Moon is a bad idea for time attacks I think. What "silly" means, is "bad idea", in my opinion.
Player (147)
Other games that would be "silly" to time attack are:
  • Hyperzone (SNES)
  • Mario Bros. (NES)
  • Donkey Kong 3 (NES)
  • Space Invaders (Any System)
  • Almost any fixed speed rail shooter or never ending game...
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
Editor, Active player (296)
  • Color-a-dinosaur
Player (147)
That reminds me of another one:
  • *insert Barbie game here*
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
Former player
hmm... um, im gonna throw these in here but im not sure what is meant by silly (im taking it means it would be boring/useless no matter how optimized): *1943 (NES) *Dick Tracy (NES) the gameplay is far too repetetive and you cant advance in 1943 until it allows you to (ive never played 1942, so that may fall in the same catagory, im not sure). Dick Tracy is just... well... http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1878 ...dull.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (969)
The silliest "game" ever: Barney's hide and seek (Genesis)
Former player
Mario Paint :D
Former player
Mario Bros. (NES) A 2 player run for that game might be interesting, though there would be the problem of deciding where to end it. I haven't played the game for awhile, but if I remember correctly the levels just keep repeating themselves when you get to a certain point in the game so you could just stop there.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
i dont think it would be that interesting as you have to wait for the turtles to come out
Player (36)
Tarzan wrote:
I'd love to see the bugs timeattacked.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
Former player
Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1301)
  • Radical Dreamers (imagine time-attacking a choose-your-own adventure book)
  • Scooby Doo
  • Pac-Man
  • SimEarth? SimAnt?
(edit: discovered how to make bullets)
Former player
Shaq Fu..*Pukes*
Working on: Command and Conquer PSX Nod Campaign
RT-55J wrote:
Other games that would be "silly" to time attack are:
  • Hyperzone (SNES) Wait, what would be "silly" about that? I mean, considering it's fixed-rail, it would be nothing more than a fast walkthrough (and not even that fast, considering), but I think shooting every enemy that comes up and upgrading as fast as possible would be cool to see.
Skilled player (1405)
Robocop. That game is sloooooooooooooooow...
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
OmnipotentEntity wrote:
Tarzan wrote:
I don't think the SNES9x recording functionality supports capturing mouse input (or superscope input, for that matter).
Player (36)
yarbles wrote:
OmnipotentEntity wrote:
Tarzan wrote:
I don't think the SNES9x recording functionality supports capturing mouse input (or superscope input, for that matter).
I know. That doesn't lessen my desire to see it though. ^_^
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
CHESS. :)
Player (104)
Omega wrote:
CHESS. :)
With some hardcore luck manipulation, it could be just as cool as the monopoly run.
Active player (278)
So what do you do, trick the computer into enacting some famous low-move game?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Experienced player (527)
I tried that once, in Chessmaster: CPU gets checkmate at 00:19 Fast, funny to watch, involves some luck manipulation (but there's hardly any randomness) and the CPU does some stupid moves, but I don't think that beats the Monopoly run ... then again, I'm sure it can still be improved some more to be even shorter. As for other silly games, there's those like "I Can Remember" by Fisher-Price, Where's Waldo (that's been done already), or Solitaire (funny just because the cards would move around so fast) ... (edited: fixed link)
Former player
Omega wrote: CHESS. :) With some hardcore luck manipulation, it could be just as cool as the monopoly run.
nah, there are prepared lines you can play that are so complicated that even chessmaster won't be able to navigate through them properly. It would only be cool if you could make some entertaning board positions to occur in the game, like sacrificing a lot of material to deliver checkmate.