Info about the run:
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Aims for showing both endings at the same time
  • 2 games in 1 single movie
  • Manipulates good and bad luck
I like both games and TASVideos, and I was thinking how fastest can be possible to beat BOTH games, and after days of work I've finished my first TAS :D
In both games I've selected "A" because I think it changes ALMOST nothing and I save 1 frame :)
Lvl 1: In DK I start jumping because in DKJr I'm climbing the rope and when I do the ladder glitch I jump in DKJr hahaha.
Lvl 2: Nothing interesing here... I got too much bad luck :(
Lvl 3: In DK this was the most complicated, the non-stop jumping is for avoiding conflict in both games, I mean, If in both games Mario and DKJr are in the floor and I have to jump in one of the two games, in both games jump, this avoids it.
Lvl 3/4: DKJr starts Lvl 4 quiet because Mario is going down in the ladder haha, when Mario finishes the end beggins.
Thanks A LOT to SRE group for giving me support when making the TAS <3 thank you guys!

feos: Judging...
feos: This was rather fun. The feedback was also nice. And the movie is generally entertaining on 2 screens as the action is simplistic and slow enough to comprehend what's going on on both of them at once. Accepting to Moons as a multi-game TAS.
This might be obsoleted in the future by a run that includes other NES DK games.
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5409: Cyorter's NES Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr. in 01:22.38
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Not to be that guy... But... You missed one: Temp Encode: Link to video
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Cyorter
He/Him
Editor, Player (236)
Spikestuff wrote:
Not to be that guy... But... You missed one:
OMG I forgot that one because I've played it once a long time ago :p (also I don't like it like the other two xd)
Spikestuff wrote:
My internet come to hell again
You too?! I think it happened only in Venezuela (because sometimes happens and our speed is slow normally). Also thanks for the vote! (I don't care if its negative :p).
Fortranm
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (780)
Not to be yet another "that guy", but you guys missed another one. It's a complete tetralogy on NES, you know. :P I'm not kidding. Since this game has the same engine as DKJr does, it's arguably a better DK game than DK3.
Active player (432)
Going back to what the author intended the run to be, I vote yes. Entertaining and definitely worthy of publication. If you can gain a few frames here and there is another issue, if there are any frames to be gained.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Baddap1
He/Him
Experienced player (730)
Very entertaining run, Yes vote :)
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
CyorisRetro wrote:
Also thanks for the vote! (I don't care if its negative :p).
Don't assume a user has voted just because they commented on your TAS. Users either Comment and Vote, or just silently vote about it, and do their own thing. I didn't vote, and now I'm refraining from voting on this TAS. If you want my thoughts. As pointed out, it's missing a game (or two) to be considered complete. Since they're all short. I would've given this a Meh in terms of entertainment.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Active player (372)
Well done! Definitely a yes vote from me. I'd love to see more multiple-game TASes on this site.
Player (12)
I just want to point out a kill screen exists in NES Donkey Kong. Unlike the arcade version, it occurs at level 133. Here's a video of it on real hardware. I don't think this completion criterion was considered for previous publications, and #5325: £e_Nécroyeur's Arcade Donkey Kong in 01:29.94 was rejected for it. This should be taken into consideration during judging. Reading the comments on that video, it appears that glitches may not be able to bypass it and that NES Donkey Kong Jr. also has a kill screen, but those would need to be verified.. As for the entertainment factor, I had the impression while watching that desyncing the player characters is too easy, since their physics and the games' level design differ too much. I don't think it adds much value compared to the existing publications, but that's just my personal opinion.
EgixBacon
He/Him
Player (181)
Did anyone else get goosebumps from hearing both of the 'game start' themes at the same time? No? That was just me? Okay. Also, I believe this is probably the only TAS that both saves and kills the animals Donkey Kong simultaneously. It's like watching two alternate timelines playing out in parallel! As for the run itself, I couldn't really see anything wrong with it. It's a Yes from me.
FanFiction|Youtube Still on Win7! Take that, Microsoft!
That's a yes for me. Although, my vote is strongly impacted by the fact that it was the first time I saw a DK Jr. TAS. I do think that if it was to be remade, it should include 3 and Math, but it could stand as is.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3361] NES Donkey Kong & Donkey Kong Jr. by Cyorter in 01:22.38