• One player in a multiplayer game
  • FCEUX2.2.3
  • Uses death as shortcut
  • Takes no damage
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
  • Heavy Manipulates luck
  • Genre: Fighting
  • Genre: Platform
Double Dragon 3 is an ancient Act Game likes many Arcade Games.There are too much randomness everywhere in these games.Different strategy and route will add its unpredictable.This run is 328 frames(about 5.4 seconds) faster than the previous published [1156] NES Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones "1 player" by Xipo in 10:10.23.Improvement comes from details and better strategy.In this topi mmbossman suggested there are too many wobble in last run.So this time,I solve this fault.
Glitch 1:(As is known to all)Enemies will appear one by one on the second floor in Stage 4-1.
Glitch 2:Back Attacking.Usually,Player cann't stun enemy with only one punch.But Player can do this if use Back Attacking in a proper position.For example,see it in Frame 2115-2150.
Glitch 3:A hole in one.First,Player must get weapon(Sai or Bottle,not Army-Knife)from enemy.Beat its owner,then Player can beat anyone in the next few frames,no matter how much life he has.For example,see it in Frame 9310-9360.

Memory Address

• 045F:HP of A
  • 0460:HP of B
  • 0403:count of A
  • 0404:count of B
  • 00B7:x-positon of player
  • 00CB:y-positon of player
  • 0334:x-sub-positon of player
  • 032A:y-sub-positon of player
  • 00B9:x-positon of A
  • 00CD:y-positon of A
  • 00BA:x-positon of B
  • 00CE:y-positon of B
  • 007D:state of player
  • 007F:state of A
  • 0080:state of B
  • 0087:x-sceen

Fog: Judging.
Fog: Improvements were indeed made in this submission.
Accepting as an improvement to the previous publication.
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5500: Xipo's NES Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones in 10:03.77
Alyosha
He/Him
Editor, Expert player (3532)
Wow this one is unexpected. I watched it and it looks really well done to me, nice work xipo!
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (480)
Here is a temp encode: [LINK DELETED] I failed with quality, but it's still enough to see the speedrun in details.
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Thank you for the encode, Dimon! It has an audio desync, though, where the sound is ahead of the video. It was still good enough to understand the run. I don't remember the previous run very well, and I'm not sure which parts changed from that run. But this run still looks very good, and I'm glad there's more work on this underappreciated game. Yes vote.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
Dimon12321
He/Him
Active player (480)
mklip2001 wrote:
Thank you for the encode, Dimon! It has an audio desync, though, where the sound is ahead of the video.
Probably I use wrong x264 for encoding though all the settings excepting bitrate are default. I'll use habitual mpeg-4 next time =)
TASing is like making a film: only the best takes are shown in the final movie.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3409] NES Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones "1 player" by Xipo in 10:03.77