Submission Text Full Submission Page

Galaxian for Commodore 64

Alien invaders are attacking your planet! Protect it at all costs!

Game Notes

• Objective: Shoot the aliens before they shoot you (or crash into you).
  • All stages are identical in configuration with no new content introduced after even one stage.
    • Difficulty increases by increasing how many galaxians attack at once and how quickly from the start of a stage (immediately in this video).

TAS Notes

• This is a cartridge version of the game
  • As no new content is introduced after one stage, only one stage is necessary for a TAS.
  • Aims for fastest completion of the highest selectable starting level. (This is equivalent to choosing to the most difficult setting for a one stage run.)
    • Ironically, the increased difficulty causes more enemies to attack. This makes killing them faster than on 'easier' stages as the wait time between shots is shortened.
  • Uses death to save frames.
    • Dying at the end of the video allows for completion of the TAS input earlier than avoiding the alien's attack (requires an additional 8 frames of input).

drd2k9:Canceling--I need to check PAL/NTSC settings.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5599: DrD2k9's C64 Galaxian in 00:26.99
Player (12)
Voting Meh due to awful port completed relatively quickly.
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Incomplete. C64 version becomes progressively harder compared to its counterparts.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
DrD2k9
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Expert player (2070)
Cancelling--I need to check PAL/NTSC settings.
Spikestuff wrote:
Incomplete. C64 version becomes progressively harder compared to its counterparts.
I didn't realize that it became even more difficult beyond this level Do you know at what point the difficulty stops increasing?
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
DrD2k9 wrote:
There are no PAL/NTSC settings... Please don't cancel for that.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
DrD2k9
He/Him
adelikat wrote:
DrD2k9 wrote:
There are no PAL/NTSC settings... Please don't cancel for that.
Under the C64>Settings menu there is a tab for Sync settings where PAL/NTSC can be changed. PAL was set as default on my BizHawk. Unfortunately I can't just switch it on the .tasproj files i've already made, but will have to manually redo one of my C64 games in the other setting to see if it makes a difference. This submission being short, I can at least check to see if there's much difference using it for comparison.
DrD2k9
He/Him
In light of some recent topics regarding rule clarifications and a current submission of the Coleco port, I'm returning to this old thread... Spikestuff (or anyone else), do you know an easy way to determine when the difficulty stops increasing?
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Well it's not wave 1 and only wave 1 like you displayed in this TAS. Basically read what I wrote after your post on the Coleco submission. That's how you determine it.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
there ARE most definitely PAL/NTSC settings. the game is intended to play back on NTSC, being made by a USA game company for USA c64s.