Summary

• Aims for fastest time
  • Character:Guy
  • Takes no damage and no death
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
  • Heavy Manipulates luck
  • Ban Pause/Start
  • Genre: Fighting
I have submitted another tas about this game at the same time,you can know all data and technic in #5669: Xipo's NES Mighty Final Fight "Haggar" in 08:20.39.This time,our protagonist is Guy,descended from ninja,he possesses incredible agility.This run is 12933 frames(215.55 seconds) faster than Marx's run #3853: Marx's NES Mighty Final Fight "Guy" in 11:41.34.It looks that Guy can fight the enemy more easily than Haggar,his advantage is that he can combat two man at the same time.Moreover,Guy has many useful combat skills,(jump,down+B)(jump,back,up,B)(B,B+forward),which can manipulates luck easily.
Most interestingly I find a small Picture Glitch.You can see it in Frame 9030 to 9070 and another place.Specific handle is jump,B,down+forward/back,down+forward/back+B.I think the Glitch theory is program can't present this movement.Enjoy it!

feos: I liked this run more than "Haggar". It is not just marginally shorter due to some shortcut, it does feel faster and more aggressive. Still, it's basically just 2 moves all along, so I don't see how it can break the Vault barrier the published run couldn't break.
That's an important part btw, because the existing run has been around for a reliable while and it only has 5.3 average entertainment rating. It means 22 people don't find it enjoyable, there's almost no rates above 6, and quite some below 6, which is a non-official Vault borderline in ratings.
I deliberately watched the published run first, and while I have an idea of what this game is, I don't know it very well. The run is a nice one, not ground breaking, but quite ok. I gave it 6, since it still wasn't "really good" for me. Then I watched the new Haggar submission, and it was basically the same as the existing run, with just faster elevator room. While it was quite a bit shorter, its gameplay remained the same to a person who's not an expert in this game. So I would also give it a 6, and voted Meh.
Then I watched this run, and as I said, I liked it better and gave it a Yes. However, due to being the same 2 moves all the way through and looking overall similar to the Haggar run due to the nature of this game, I can presume that it will get the same average rating as the existing run, with some marginal positive difference maybe.
What I'm trying to say is, all these 3 runs are still Vault content, despite of my and some others personal opinions. At least 20 raters just disagree with having the existing run in Moons. Probably my extrapolation is a bit premature for this particular movie (which can be moved to Moons later), but it still applies quite well to the new Haggar run: we can't moon that one. And in Vault, we can only have a single any% branch. Which now is Guy.
Accepting as an improvement to [1062] NES Mighty Final Fight by Xipo in 09:06.62. No branch is needed here.
fsvgm777: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5670: Xipo's NES Mighty Final Fight in 08:06.15
Post subject: temp encode
Judge, Skilled player (1288)
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
Nice run! I don't find it as enjoyable as the Haggar run, but I like them both. I think they should both be published. I am a bit disappointed that you get the same credits as with the Haggar run. Haggar shows up and takes all the credit for your ass-kicking.
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Skilled player (1638)
I have never played this game, but I've seen similar ones. I love the close quarter fighting and 1 frame existence of enemies on the screen. Voting Yes. :)
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3538] NES Mighty Final Fight by Xipo in 08:06.15