Submission Text Full Submission Page
You all rejected my previous submission for being too silly! Well now what chumps???
Done on NESHawk core. Improves upon my previous submission by using the Famicom release, which boots straight at the title screen.

Noxxa: Claiming for judgment.
Noxxa: The judgment of the previous submission elaborated on why a movie like it is not acceptable for publication. This movie does not address any of those issues, and just changing to a different revision to save title screen time makes no relevant difference. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5935: Jigwally's NES Family Computer - Othello in 00:25.03
Player (12)
Am I to understand you didn't attempt to resolve the issue Nach brought up in his judgment of your previous Othello submission?
Jigwally
He/Him
Active player (418)
Whoops, just found a new best route @ 1488 frames. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzrxi1LH24Q
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1889)
Is that an educational board game?
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...
Editor, Active player (296)
MESHUGGAH wrote:
Is that an educational board game?
Othello is a strategy board game. It is also known as Reversi. Rules: — The board consists of 8x8 squares. — There are two players, one is black and the other is white. — The board is preinitialized with two stones of both colors in the center, in a cross-cut pattern. — Each player places a stone in alternating turns. — A new stone may be placed only in an empty square on the board. — If there exists somewhere on the board either another stone of the newly played color, or the board edge, and all squares in a straight line between that spot and the newly played stone (either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) are occupied by the opponent’s stones, they are changed into the player’s stones (color change). This may happen simultaneously along multiple axis. The process is done only once per turn, i.e. after the turn completes, there may remain X-O-X sequences on the board without the O being flipped to X. — A play that does not result in changes in stone colors is invalid. — The game ends when one of the players is unable to place a new stone on the board such that it would satisfy the aforementioned rules. — When the game ends, the player that has more stones of their own color on the board than the opponent wins. Othello is solved for board sizes 4x4 and 6x6, but for 8x8 it remains unsolved, despite computers having consistently defeated best human players since the 1980s. The Othello 8x8 game tree size is estimated at 10⁵⁴ nodes, and the number of legal positions is estimated at less than 10²⁸.
Active player (372)
It's short, it's fast, appears well-optimized and, to my knowledge, involves RNG manipulation. Voting "Yes" for entertainment, to live alongside Clue and Monopoly. P.S. Jigwally, if you want to increase your chances of publication, I recommend not calling the judges "chumps".
Experienced player (852)
Seems good to me, I'll vote yes for a quick ending to a classic board game
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... om, nom, nom... nom nom
MESHUGGAH
Other
Skilled player (1889)
Bisqwit: while I was iniitally just wrote it to express the vault rule (no board games), I appreciate the nicely wrote down features. Thanks.
PhD in TASing 🎓 speedrun enthusiast ❤🚷🔥 white hat hacker ▓ black box tester ░ censorships and rules...