Submission Text Full Submission Page
Hey guys! This is DJ Incendration here, with a new TAS of the game Dragster, for the Atari 2600. This run beats the current run by MrWint and Omnigamer by 0.31 seconds (real time), thanks to some experimentation! Not really though... There wasn't as much research put in as the current runor (Dat1joker) whose submission privileges were unnecessarily revoked, but I didn't realize that I was early. I hope a lot more research is put in for the 5.51 which I know is possible. If one person did it, it will be done again (without ROM editing).
This run was able to skip most of the beginning actions and get to the part where the notes go up slowly, and you hit the button and Left. I'd recommend that you watch the current submission and compare it to this one.

Thanks to McHazard and adelikat for their TASes of MTPO and SPO, since I never would have known about TASing or this site. Also, thanks to Todd Rogers, who I believe is legit, even if a lot of research was put in. There's video evidence that it's legit!

feos: Judging...
DJ Incendration: Whoops, I didn't know it was early. Sorry about that. I'm setting this to canceled, and will try again and improve this later.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #5987: DJ Incendration's A2600 Dragster in 00:08.08
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1523)
"Early" I don't think it actually counts as completion if you trigger that.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
Player (33)
I have no idea what this submission is trying to show. Aside from the obvious Early start, the choice in input timings don't seem to fit any reasonable goals. The author goes into 4th gear at around 5 in the countdown, but doesn't engage the gas until what would be the proper race start. You can start motion as soon as you're in gear, so if the point of this new submission is to go for fastest real-time despite an early start, motion should start as soon as the countdown starts. If the goal is to show fastest time assuming a start in 4th gear, ignoring the early start condition - already a bunch of strange restrictions - the chosen inputs are not optimal at all.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Comparison downloadable encode: https://yadi.sk/d/fd5bHefv3XcPmf
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
DrD2k9
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Expert player (2070)
I'm with Memory and Omnigamer on this one... leaving early is pointless as it doesn't win the game (leaving early = DQ in real drag racing).
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
One's "Early" Input. The other is Early Ending Input and fastest possible In-Game Time (which TASVideos allows). I'm siding over the Movie that's Publish (and actually gets a time) and not this Submission. Abstained. Heck. Anyone could've trimmed either movie and created their own fastest early input.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2141)
Got a question about "There's video evidence that it's legit!" that. I'm very curious which video you are referring to, considering now such video was ever provided during the whole discussion/dispute about that.
Player (50)
Tompa wrote:
Got a question about "There's video evidence that it's legit!" that. I'm very curious which video you are referring to, considering now such video was ever provided during the whole discussion/dispute about that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHxnzYSdvjw This is the video of his world record on YouTube.
DJ Incendration Believe in Michael Girard and every speedrunner and TASer!
Memory
She/Her
Site Admin, Skilled player (1523)
DJ Incendration wrote:
Tompa wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHxnzYSdvjw This is the video of his world record on YouTube.
Literally the first YouTube Comment wrote:
I spoke to Todd Rogers directly. This is not him or his account. There was no video recording ever of his live 5.51 at the Atari booth.
[16:36:31] <Mothrayas> I have to say this argument about robot drug usage is a lot more fun than whatever else we have been doing in the past two+ hours
[16:08:10] <BenLubar> a TAS is just the limit of a segmented speedrun as the segment length approaches zero
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4138)
DJ Incendration wrote:
Tompa wrote:
IRC wrote:
[00:58:42] <EZGames69> Mothrayas: that isnt a legit video is it? [00:58:55] <Omnigamer> of course not [00:59:39] <Omnigamer> it's the same static mess on loop over a different TAS, then just photo editing the finish
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.