Kabuki time.
I decided to try to improve this great game with the crazy red-haired headbanger. The dude is the worlds most elite headbanger and he fights almost only with his hair with some aid of magic attacks.
I think this game is really great and fun to play. It's somewhat similiar to Batman. Also the music is awesome!
To be honest I don't really know the story ;) I think some evil aliens has planted some sort of virus in some computer and the headbanger must save the earth!
Oh well, this is over a minute faster than my old version. The improved time comes from more aggresive play. This time I take damage to save time which I didn't do that much in my old version. The good thing about taking damage is that you get invulnerable for a moment, which allows you to bypass annoying enemies. Also it gives you a minor boost. This means I could have taken some more damage but I wanted to keep it sort of fluent without blinking all the time.
I also played a lot more aggresive against all bosses because I could sort of skip being careful. Most noticable is the robot-squid boss (or whatever) but it really payed off in time and it doesn't look that bad I think.
I also discovered a nice little glitch that allows you to jump upwards on ladders instead of climbing them.
That's it I think.
  • As fast as possible
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
  • FCEu used
/Walker Boh

Bisqwit: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #613: Walker Boh's NES Kabuki Quantum Fighter in 10:23.67
Editor, Active player (296)
Old movie was 11:56 long. You improved it by 1.5 minutes :o Experience pays off.
Former player
Oh, it sure does ;)
/Walker Boh
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I have watched this movie now and voted yes. However, this is mostly because I there already is a published version which is worse. I don't think the choice of game is very good, however well-played it might be.
Former player
Truncated wrote:
I have watched this movie now and voted yes. However, this is mostly because I there already is a published version which is worse. I don't think the choice of game is very good, however well-played it might be.
This might be true, I still like this game very much though ;) Also I've done worse games (Felix). Oh well. Thanks.
/Walker Boh
It probably is another game enjoyed most by those who know of it. I used to play this game alot growing up so I liked it and voted yes. After all how can you not like a game about aliens trying to take over and a guy who has to kill them with his hair heh. (really who comes up with this stuff?) The only problem is that i'm now left wondering how much time could have been saved had you taken more damage.. but perhaps as you said bouncing and flashing through the whole game might have been a little less enjoyable. Anyways nice to see you going back and polishing up your older movies always enjoyable to watch them :)
~Brose~
awesomely done, and well played walker! i love the boss fights. i remember renting this as a kid and never being able to get very far. its actaully quite hard. i vote yes!
Who ever got anywhere by being normal?
Former player
Thank yoy Braceyj! Yes, it is actually kinda hard, not Batman-hard but pretty hard.
/Walker Boh
Former player
This is a game I played for a while when I was younger aswell. I could never get past the last boss though... Good job on the improvement Walker Boh
Editor, Active player (296)
This movie seems to desync here: Any idea how to remedy it? I'm using these settings: -xscale 1 -yscale 1 -pal 0 -nothrottle 1 -soundq 1 -sound 48000
Former player
I have no idea. It works fine for me and it seems that other can watch it too. I didn't use any special settings and at that place I didn't do anything particular that I know of. =/
/Walker Boh
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [327] NES Kabuki: Quantum Fighter by Walker Boh in 10:23.67
Editor, Player (67)
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.