(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Mario Party 9 Time Attack

Game Objetives
Emulator used: Dolphin 5.0-cddb83f-dirty (Run made in ubuntu)
Aims for fastest in-game time (02:47.84)
For me using dolphin in linux is more stable than windows
This run uses slowdown, frame advance and TASstudio
I can consider this minigames are literally perfect in-game-time:
Jigsaw Jumble
Peak Precision
Chain Event
Ballistic Beach (Maybe)
Upward Mobility

Explatation by minigame
Snow Go
The main intention was to not touch the wall for not reduce speed, but the consecuence was to not turn so fast as nedded
Jigsaw Jumble
Frame perfect movements, but i had to wait the animations of the pieces and the board (I don't have to wait for all the pieces touch the ground)
Peak Precision
Not so perfect score
Speeding Bullets
The hitbox of the wall in some sections is not so precise with respect to the texture. The level of inclination does not affect the level of rotation
Chain event
Really nothing to say
Ballistic Beach
The game time of this minigame depends of the first and last shoot
Upward Mobility
Literally the game time depends only on the first jump, the first jump should be on the first frame and keep the jump button for 5 frames
Pizza Me, Mario
The notice of one more leff stopped the character and i had to wait for the next lap
Flinger Painting
I used the shape of the paint stain to paint the corners. 10 Shots
Pit or Platter
The idea was to make the inclination as pronounced as possible

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6221: jmosx36's Wii Mario Party 9 "Time Attack" in 09:27.02
Taechuk
He/Him
Player (60)
IL WRs vs this TAS (for comparison) https://www.cyberscore.me.uk/game/1029 1- Snow & Go WR : 34.58 This TAS : 35.53 (+0.95) 2- Jigsaw Jumble Inaccurate since this is full screen and optimally you'd want less space for pieces to fall faster, but this is time trial so we can't do that. 3- Peak Precision WR : 6.11 This TAS : 5.95 (-0.16) (nice 1 frame improvement vs previous TAS) 4- Speeding Bullet WR : 26.54 This TAS : 26.54 (-0.00) 5- Chain Event WR : 20.80 This TAS : 20.81 (+0.01) 6- Ballistic Beach WR : 10.53 This TAS : 11.15 (+0.62) 7- Upward Mobility WR : 21.18 This TAS : 21.18 (-0.00) 8- Pizza Me, Mario WR : 32.56 This TAS : 35.98 (+3.42) 9- Flinger Painting WR : 12.41 This TAS : 13.28 (+0.87) 10- Pit or Platter WR : 22.41 This TAS : 16.91 (-5.50) Full run comparison WR : 2:56.95 This TAS : 2:47.84 (-9.11) Optimisation looks overall good, but you lose time on multiple mini-games over their WR. Also would going in a circle during Pit or Platter save time, if you can manipulate it to go like that (actually nevermind, looks like it's a fixed pattern)? Voting meh.
jmosx36
He/Him
Player (123)
Ballistic beach depends of the luck, because every time changes the target positions. I DON'T KNOW HOW CHAIN EVENT IS POSSIBLE IN 20.80, in my real wii i only reached 20.81 several times. And i cannot trust on this ranking, those wr don't seems legitimate to me
Currently making a route for Super Bomberman 5 200% TASes i'm planning: aero fighters, tg3000 (again), gradius 3, bust a move, bust a move plus, gradius rebirth, smg, smg2, mp9, gh3 (wii)
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Skilled player (1639)
jmosx36 ... I've shared your frustration in the past, thinking that cuts aren't possible. I'm sorry to point out, but with 1275 re-records and amount of time for this length movie, it doesn't seem that enough effort was placed into experimentation. With many games, there are a large number of methods to choose from on how to manipulate RNG. I know off one particular game where 1 in 16 frames showed a positive effect to my inputs. It just may require more time to find out how to beat those WR segments. Normally, to find cuts that blow away WR times, it takes months and years. So don't be discouraged; however, try to spend an extra amount of time. There is nothing more satisfying than finding those hidden frames. Abstaining from voting.
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Taechuk wrote:
1- Snow & Go WR : 34.58 This TAS : 35.53 (+1.05)
Oh boy, racing bits. Each lap is basically this (not 100% accurate, going by the HUD when each lap ends, not by over the line)
    1. 4.53 2. 3.52 3. 3.46 4. 2.55 5. 4.34 6. 3.51 7. 3.4 8. 3.44 9. 3.51 10. 3.27
Now Lap 1 has the biggest excuse cause it's starting from no speed so that's a wash. The question is how consistent can you get a lap down to? Since this mode can be simply just copy + paste inputs as it allows it and how much lower to the WR can you get? And we do have that consistency between Laps 6 to 9. The other question is. "Who's the best character" for all of this? That's probably just a null question, but I want to ask it if it does mean anything. From what I see thanks to Taechuk the TAS doesn't "beat all existing records" and for this game that is something doable as this TAS fails to beat 5 existing Human Records one just might be due to IGT shenanigans. My vote's abstained.
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
JosJuice
She/They
Editor, Emulator Coder
For the reference, the version cddb83f that is mentioned in the submission text is the same as 5.0-9279: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/cddb83fd06cb5436e24ac5de9e578806fd7168a4/ It is unfortunate that the Ubuntu PPA builds are marked "dirty" in the version string. I'm not sure if they are applying some kind of patch to Dolphin when building, but either way, I wouldn't imagine they'd be adding any patches that break sync compatibility.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... sweet!