I've waited for half a month. Finally, Mars's has been published...
This movie improved 121 frames.
  • For publisher: Use this file please. There is a secret message at the movie's end. Which is same as my previous video.

Summary

• Pacifist (Do not kill an enemy which can be avoided)
  • 2 players run
  • Uses death to save time
  • Luck manipulation

About improvement

• Area 3: 11 frames ahead.
    • Before boss appears, I saved 2 frames. 2 jumps saved 1 frame each time. But area 3's and area 5's bosses appear in every 8 frames (8 framerule). And Mars608 used full framerule in previous run. So I used a pause in area 2. It cost 2 frames to instead of 2 lags. So the 2 frames saved.
    • Better boss fight. And 11 lags avoided.
  • Area 4: 1 frames ahead.
It's saved in boss fight.
  • Area 5: 52 frames ahead.
Died earlier at 2nd tank. And P1 rebirth when he can shoot boss.
  • Area 6: 2 frames lost.
Due to 2 more pause. But I win 2 frames by the better Y subpixel.
  • Area 7: 1 frame lost.
To wait P2's death. But better Y subpixel and fewer pause saves some time.
  • Area 8: 60 frames ahead.
Because 2 players don't have S gun. Bosses have lower HP.

本录像提升121帧。

摘要

• 和平主义(不杀死任何一个可以避免的敌人)
  • 双人
  • 利用死亡节约时间
  • 运气操控

关于提升

• 第3关: 提升11帧。
    • 关口出现之前提升2帧。有两次跳跃,每次快了1帧。但第3关和第5关的关口的出现时间相隔8帧(8帧规则),而且Mars608把8帧规则用满了,所以我在第2关用了暂停,即2帧游戏内时间替代2帧实际时间。所以第3关关口提前2帧出现。
    • 更好的boss杀,避免了11帧lag。
  • 第4关:提升1帧。
在关口的地方提升。
  • 第5关:提升52帧。
在第2个坦克那里早死。在关口能挨打的一开始复活1P,让他贴脸输出。
  • 第6关:落后2帧。
因为多了2次暂停。但同时我也追回了2帧因为更好的Y坐标小值。
  • 第7关:落后1帧。
为了让2P来得及撞子弹送死。但更好的Y坐标小值和更少的暂停为我追回了一些时间。
  • 第8关:提升60帧。
由于两个人都没有S枪,因此两个关口的血量都变低了。

Masterjun: Judging.
Masterjun: Waiting half a month before accepting, in case someone improves this submission.
Masterjun: Okay, doesn't seem like it. Accepting to Moons as an improvement to the previous run.
Spikestuff: I'm going to turn around to another submission after this.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6291: Soig's NES Contra "pacifist" in 08:53.45
Spikestuff
They/Them
Editor, Publisher, Expert player (2292)
Hm... Guess I shouldn't have published it after all. (claiming btw)
WebNations/Sabih wrote:
+fsvgm777 never censoring anything.
Disables Comments and Ratings for the YouTube account. Something better for yourself and also others.
Post subject: Re: #6291: Soig's NES Contra "pacifist" in 08:53.46
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Uploading this movie's video by the people except TASVideosChannel and me calls republishing. Republishing is allowed. But republisher's whole family shall die!
What is that supposed to mean?
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Post subject: Re: #6291: Soig's NES Contra "pacifist" in 08:53.46
Soig
He/Him
Skilled player (1477)
feos wrote:
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Uploading this movie's video by the people except TASVideosChannel and me calls republishing. Republishing is allowed. But republisher's whole family shall die!
What is that supposed to mean?
Because many people use my or other TAS videos to earn by internet broadcast (And use a joypad to play. It looks like the movie is played by that man). Or re-upload these videos without writing down the author and native page. But it's almost impossible to let them to write down those details. So I allow to republish. But I'll curse them if they do that. Then I'll have a balance in my heart. On the other side, selfishly, the videos uploaded by others have a much higher playback counts than me.... (•́へ•́╬)
Okay, so there is some confusion involved. On the http://tasvideos.org/SubmitMovie.html page we have this notice:
By pressing "Save/Edit" you agree to publish this content under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 license.
This means if someone redistributes your work without crediting you, they are breaking the license. Therefore, you should be able to set up a strike against them using whatever service they use to redistribute it. If the service even allows such a thing of course, but I think if it lets them earn money from that, it also supports strikes and taking down videos. But on our site, there's no way to share your work under a different license. For example, you can't forbid commercial use of the movie that you upload. But you can make a derived work off of your movie, for example an encode, and share it under a license that forbids commercial use. Archive.org allows such an upload. If someone reuploads that and starts earning money from it, you can set up a strike, as I mentioned above. Note that when we publish your movie on TASVideosChannel, we don't use Creative Commons licenses, we use youtube license. And that license does not allow taking videos made by other users and reuploading them. So you can set up a strike once again, saying that the movie file is your original work, and the youtube encode is a derived work that is not allowed for reuploading to youtube. Putting curses into movie description may lead to even more confusion, so you need to be precise in what you say. We seem to need to discuss further which part of your work may be reuploaded and under what conditions.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3968)
I respect that you waited until the other movie was published. Although I'm a bit confused as to why you didnt post about your improvements in the other movie thread, unless this improvement was a more recent find. either way, I enjoyed both movies so here's my yes vote.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Personman
Other
EZGames69 wrote:
I'm a bit confused as to why you didnt post about your improvements in the other movie thread, unless this improvement was a more recent find.
Presumably because that would've caused the other movie's publication to be cancelled, as happened to the movie before that, under the well-intentioned but clearly broken policy defended in that thread. I understand the logic behind the policy, but we have right here in the flesh a clear example of it having the exact opposite of the desired effect. Rather than ensuring that the movie we have published is the latest & greatest, it has instead had a chilling effect on innovation, causing new tech to be withheld from the community for over a month. I really think this makes it clear that it's time to revisit this policy. I don't know what the perfect policy is, but this outcome is a lot worse than an extra publication having been created for a worthy but quickly-obsoleted run.
A warb degombs the brangy. Your gitch zanks and leils the warb.
This is as much as we can do to help this problem.
Personman
Other
I suppose that's a lot better than nothing!
A warb degombs the brangy. Your gitch zanks and leils the warb.
Zakatos
He/Him
Great strat of 1P-2P taking turns on level 5. Easy yes vote.
The eyes of a machine are wonderful, but there's nothing like the the eyes of the heart – Old Cid, Cybercop
Experienced player (852)
I enjoyed it, well done
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [3946] NES Contra (Japan) "pacifist" by Soig in 08:53.45