(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Sprint mode in 32.00, theorically best time at lefty 1-wide (not at 6:3)

ThunderAxe31: Hello and welcome to TASVideos, ookamisuketoudara.
As some people already pointed out in this submission's forum thread, your movie is obviously suboptimal. In fact, it was also beaten by a new submission.
Another issue is that this movie doesn't start from clean SRAM.
For these two reasons, this submission is rejected.
I suggest you to read carefully our Movie Rules. If you're unsure that you can meet the requirements, then please share your future movies in the userfiles space, instead of making another submission.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3968)
since I dont know anything about this game in particular, it really looks like the inputs are not fast enough, it seems like you are spending a few frames before you start moving pieces to the left or right. is this intentional?
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Taechuk
He/Him
Player (60)
this movie doesn't sync for me, what settings do you have? (actually nevermind, just realised i got a PAL version of the game, which doesn't have the first message at the beginning and might have different rng, while this movie is on the US version) also gave it a small attempt, moving pieces in this game is fairly slow actually, so while it seems unoptimal, it's mostly because of the game. might give it a better attempt later oh yeah, also this movie starts from sram
Experienced player (994)
How is this the theoretical best time when there's two full piece's worth of blocks left? Based on the low re-record count it seems like this was just a first attempt to clear 40 lines with no real work put into finding the optimal solution.
nymx
He/Him
Editor, Judge, Skilled player (1639)
EZGames69 wrote:
since I dont know anything about this game in particular, it really looks like the inputs are not fast enough, it seems like you are spending a few frames before you start moving pieces to the left or right. is this intentional?
I had to watch this a few times to get the information I needed. I see your point EZ...this could be a delay in releasing of the piece, but as you say...I don't know the game either. But I also see that it could be RNG manipulation. The submission text doesn't really say anything either about this goal. If this is fastest completion, then it does looks fast. The piece drops are instantaneous, so stacking them isn't necessary; however, the build up of pieces beyond 4 layers seems to make it un-optimized. Its hard to say if the delay of dropping would be better than just placing a piece down that wasn't moving towards the goal. idk...because of the uncertainties and lack of submission text...I have to vote meh.
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
nymx
He/Him
Taechuk wrote:
oh yeah, also this movie starts from sram
I noticed this as well. The "Best Time" was already established, which led me to believe the same thing.
I recently discovered that if you haven't reached a level of frustration with TASing any game, then you haven't done your due diligence. ---- SOYZA: Are you playing a game? NYMX: I'm not playing a game, I'm TASing. SOYZA: Oh...so its not a game...Its for real? ---- Anybody got a Quantum computer I can borrow for 20 minutes? Nevermind...eien's 64 core machine will do. :) ---- BOTing will be the end of all games. --NYMX
Taechuk
He/Him
Player (60)
upon further testing, the bad movement might be due to the game being 30 fps, and the author might not be completely comfortable with this, and the low rerecord count might mean there is suboptimal play overall
Taechuk
He/Him
Player (60)
https://puu.sh/D30t7/c54939deab.png Movie file i did a quick attempt at a sprint tas and beat this tas by 8 seconds. Link to video
nymx
He/Him
Taechuk wrote:
i did a quick attempt at a sprint tas and beat this tas by 8 seconds.
Your approach makes more sense. Since you are building up on both sides, you have the option to get a tetris when a long piece is available. This prevents the delaying for RNG purposes. The low re-record count does say something for the effort put into this. My experiences...the more effort you put, you will eventually start seeing other possibilities and gain experience for future work.
Eltrion
He/Him
Player (55)
Yeah I thought so. The first initial video didn't seem like it had the expected pace for hard drop tetris. Taechuck's Demonstration is more what I expected. There's also the SRAM issue. All in all, it doesn't look good for this submission.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!