• BizHawk 2.3.2, mgba 0.7.2

Improvements/differences:

• Cleaned up some swings, made use of more ceilings
  • Skipped the minefield in level 1
  • Some route changes
  • Took some different exits to access different maps in levels 1, 2 and 4 (sewer, train and prison (?), respectively)
  • Optimised some bosses due to having better weapons

Useful memory addresses

• 13A0: X
  • 1418: Y
  • 5460/5494/54FC/54C8: Boss HP

Areas for improvement

• Moving platforms can still be improved (believe me, I tried my best to skip them)
  • I actually didn't calculate the time differences from each major route change; taking the upper path in level 4 may well have been slower as there are moving platforms and an impassable barrier that only disappears after the prisoner walks away
  • Again, finding a way to clip through the egg-doors on level 5 would be a huge time save

Masterjun: Judging.
Masterjun: Accepted to Moons as an improvement to the previous run.
feos: Pub.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6488: hejops's GBA Turok: Evolution in 18:44.83
Judge, Skilled player (1288)
In the previous submission I wrote a post where I asked to collaborate for improvements of this game... Why didn't you contact me? :(
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
Player (242)
Oh, I think I didn't see that post, sorry. Anyway, I basically re-attempted this on a whim and finished it in about 3 days. I'd be glad to collaborate with you on a subsequent attempt, especially with regards to those pesky moving platforms!
#6717 Interested in: GBA Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (any%) GBC Dragon Warrior III (Pachisi glitch - skipping Kandar 1 means Kandar 2 won't be triggered)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [4024] GBA Turok: Evolution by hejops in 18:44.83