Submission Text Full Submission Page
+ gens used
+ no warps or passes
+ no damage taken, no missed hits
+ i aim for speed and no misses
+ splatterhouse 2 is the sequel to splatterhouse; an infamous arcade game made by namco. one home version was made, on the pc engine. splatterhouse 2 is a genesis exclusive, as is the 3rd. the game was ahead of its time in the shock/horror/gore category.
+ a lot of trial and error went into this one. i used to play it all teh time as a kid, but doing a time attack on it is a whole different story. the game itself is very hard, with hit ranges that are totally bizarre. it's a cool game to watch though; if not just for the cinematics and early blood and gore.
edit: the little pause where rick stops moving in stage 7 is impossible to do anything about. it's something that the game makes you do before walking to jennifer. also, there are frames of animation in game that look like 2 attacks are done in succession; whereas the game was played at a crawl, and i'm sure of the number of hits thrown.

Phil: Rejected because it's slower than an existing submission that is about 2 minutes faster than this and was also rejected.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #638: braceyj's Genesis Splatterhouse 2 in 18:10.28
Former player
Any particular reason it's two minutes slower than this rejected run?
Active player (277)
Because Bracey J. doesn't check around enough, that's why
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
because in this movie no damage is taken at all.
Who ever got anywhere by being normal?
Active player (277)
That's what they all say
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude