Submission Text Full Submission Page
Crusader of Centy (also known as Soleil in Europe and Shin Sōseiki Ragnacënty (新創世紀ラグナセンティ, Shin Sōseiki Ragunasenti) (New Genesis: Ragnacënty) in Japan) is an action-adventure game that was released on the Genesis/Mega Drive. The story centers on Corona, a boy who has just turned 14 years of age and must inherit his late father's sword to fight the monsters that threaten the human race's existence. Gameplay uses an overhead perspective and focuses on exploring, battling enemies with a sword, and solving puzzles. As the story progresses, numerous animals join the hero and aid him. They are used in gameplay like weapons or tools, which often grant passage to previously inaccessible areas.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: <Gen 11_b>
  • Rerecords: 1923
  • Gamepad used: Super Smart Joy + SNES Gamepad
There is a Roxie manipulation that get used in Speedruns. But that needs a reset.. the gen 11_b doesn't let me reset while im doing a movies so i did the best to manipulate that.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6638: DarkToonLink's Genesis Crusader of Centy in 35:23.52
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3968)
There is a Roxie manipulation that get used in Speedruns. But that needs a reset.. the gen 11_b doesn't let me reset while im doing a movies so i did the best to manipulate that.
why not use bizhawk in that case? Bizhawk allows resets.
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
EZGames69
He/They
Publisher, Reviewer, Expert player (3968)
encode: Link to video
[14:15] <feos> WinDOES what DOSn't 12:33:44 PM <Mothrayas> "I got an oof with my game!" Mothrayas Today at 12:22: <Colin> thank you for supporting noble causes such as my feet MemoryTAS Today at 11:55 AM: you wouldn't know beauty if it slapped you in the face with a giant fish [Today at 4:51 PM] Mothrayas: although if you like your own tweets that's the online equivalent of sniffing your own farts and probably tells a lot about you as a person MemoryTAS Today at 7:01 PM: But I exert big staff energy honestly lol Samsara Today at 1:20 PM: wouldn't ACE in a real life TAS just stand for Actually Cease Existing
Player (96)
Glitches are nice, pace is fast, that's why yes vote. It was entertainming. It doesn't seem well optimized because of moments like at time 2:03, and 13:22-13:35. In first - moving up for a moment then down. It's either mistake or rng manipulation, but I don't think it's rng. Second time just some additional walk... Also looks like you could use sword sooner. Only after watching I did notice "Rerecords: 1923" - another sign of that.
mklip2001
He/Him
Editor
This would be a really big improvement on Eratyx's movie of the US version, Crusader of Centy. DarkToonLink, do you have any comparison of your movie against that one? (For instance, how much time does Japanese text save?)
Used to be a frequent submissions commenter. My new computer has had some issues running emulators, so I've been here more sporadically. Still haven't gotten around to actually TASing yet... I was going to improve Kid Dracula for GB. It seems I was beaten to it, though, with a recent awesome run by Hetfield90 and StarvinStruthers. (http://tasvideos.org/2928M.html.) Thanks to goofydylan8 for running Gargoyle's Quest 2 because I mentioned the game! (http://tasvideos.org/2001M.html) Thanks to feos and MESHUGGAH for taking up runs of Duck Tales 2 because of my old signature! Thanks also to Samsara for finishing a Treasure Master run. From the submission comments:
Shoutouts and thanks to mklip2001 for arguably being the nicest and most supportive person on the forums.
DarkToonLink
He/Him
hey there the JPN Text seems shorter and saves some seconds overall. I just improved the TAS yesterday and sent that one here too. better movement/tricks, better manipulation and changed route to save more time (49sec) hope you enjoy the improved one too. thx for all the votes
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... 'twas dry