(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
Controlls: a b start select right left up down r1 L1.
Glitch: used a glitch called pumpking skip which allow me to destroy it right away with a spell in care of magical creatures.
Story: Runs of this game primarily utilize Ron. While Harry has a higher attacking speed, Ron's higher movement speed and the enemy patterns make Ron significantly faster. Also, his higher defense means that the run is a little safer. In this game, purchasing enemy cards allows you to deal double damage on most enemies, since we fight a lot of some enemies and we collect a lot of beans as it is, buying certain cards is extrememly beneficial. If you really want to choose a specific language Danish (Dansk) is the fastest, but it likely only saves a few seconds over the entire run.
Campsite: Dropping rocks on Dugbogs as their heads are popping out of the ground kills them in one shot, this can be utilized on the first dugbog fight.
First Task: fly on a broom and get away from the dragon
Yule Ball: You need 100 points, Amazing gives 4, Great gives 3, Terrible 2, and Truly Awful 1.
Prefects Bathroom: here you need to catch your golden egg, you get from task one.
Second task: you basicly just pres b
Moody challenge: you learn everything how to kill mobs before entering the final task:
Third Tas: here you run though the maze.
Voldemort: last fight of the game.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6752: DBXV's GBA Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 1:30:05.57
I'm seeing some unoptimization issues here. For one, at the last fight with voldemort, it can be improved if you moved up each time you got hit so then your projectile has shorter distance. During the maze, I also noticed some unoptimized movement. You don't seem to use diagonal direction much. You go left and down like its not an option. Some missed shots from your party members too from early fights. It should be possible to manipulate them so their shots connect.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech!
RetroEdit
Any
Editor, Reviewer, Player (165)
I also had concerns about how optimal this movie is. I saw one of the character's spells miss at around the 4m50s mark in the YouTube encode (evidently, InfamousKnight independently noticed spells missing), and that made me concerned there may have been missed opportunities for optimization. I tweaked the movie file a bit and saved 3 frames through better menuing of Ron's character selection. There's probably potential for more time save through gameplay, for instance I noticed a point near the beginning where the character waited 10-20 extra frames before casting a Leviosa spell on an object, which was not noticeable in the encode. However, removing wait time from gameplay appears to affect RNG, specifically for enemy spawning, so changes did not sync forwards. Admittedly, the extra wait time potentially aids with RNG manipulation, but it's difficult to discern clearly, and there may be less expensive ways to achieve the same results. It might be good to update to latest BizHawk (2.4.2 at time of writing). If you can't go 64-bit, at least 1.13.2 might be a good option too. This game seems fairly sync-friendly in non-RNG components, so if you feel like it's worthwhile, it hopefully won't be too painful.