(Link to video)
Submission Text Full Submission Page
This unlicensed NES port of Earthworm Jim 2, known as the "Shin-Shin" version, was developed by the Ex-Sachen developer team, and was published by NT (also known as Ka-Sheng or Shin-Shin). Compared to the also unlicensed port by Super Game, this version feels more official, however this port's graphics seem to be confused about what perspective they're supposed to be.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: Bizhawk 2.5.2 with TAStudio
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Genre: Platformer
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Uses easiest difficulty
  • Easy difficulty decreases damage from enemies, so it is able to perform "damage boost" more often

ThunderAxe31: Judging.
ThunderAxe31: For this submission, it was used a game version that is known to feature less levels than another known version. We usually allow to use any version of a game, with some exceptions. In this case, we're looking at an objectively inferior version, as it features less contents, so the version with more levels should be used instead. Since we can't consider an incomplete game version as a proper base for setting a TASing record, this submission has to be rejected for game version choice.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #6978: XTREMAL93's NES Earthworm Jim 2 (Shin-Shin) in 04:17.29
Experienced player (994)
At 2:30 in the encode why do you pick up the guy and then fall down the gap? Can’t you just go across?
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
WarHippy wrote:
At 2:30 in the encode why do you pick up the guy and then fall down the gap? Can’t you just go across?
When I pick up the pig I can move only by jumping
Experienced player (994)
You seem to be able to switch directions just fine. Can’t you turn around at the last second to land on the ledge and then turn around again to jump over the gap?
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
WarHippy wrote:
You seem to be able to switch directions just fine. Can’t you turn around at the last second to land on the ledge and then turn around again to jump over the gap?
oh, i misunderstood you) actually after picking him i have 30 seconds to put him to water and extinguish fuse of bomb. Otherwise i can't put him in barn and he will explode
Post subject: MORE BOOTLEGS WOOO
crazyjesse
He/Him
Player (95)
Nice one, tight movement, good routing (as much as this game can allow routing). Yes from me, I love bootlegs and good tases of them. Hope to see you do the other version of this run with more levels if other people are interested.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
The game sound awful and doesn't look enjoyable, especially the last level. Maybe because the original is just too good? Voting No.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Post subject: Re: MORE BOOTLEGS WOOO
Judge, Skilled player (1288)
crazyjesse wrote:
Hope to see you do the other version of this run with more levels if other people are interested.
I think we need more explanation about version differences. Does the other version of this game contain all the levels from this one, with addition of more levels?
my personal page - my YouTube channel - my GitHub - my Discord: thunderaxe31 <Masterjun> if you look at the "NES" in a weird angle, it actually clearly says "GBA"
crazyjesse
He/Him
Player (95)
ThunderAxe31 wrote:
crazyjesse wrote:
Hope to see you do the other version of this run with more levels if other people are interested.
I think we need more explanation about version differences. Does the other version of this game contain all the levels from this one, with addition of more levels?
Yes, it's the same game but with more levels. See this run. Apologies for the poor quality of the video. My internet was very bad at the time. Extra levels not present in this video may be seen at 2:06, 6:50 and 8:10 in my video. It appears that there are two versions of "EWJ2" in circulation one almost finished and another with more levels. There is a further version "EWJ4" that has different levels. Sorry to throw you under the bus, XTREMAL93!
XTREMAL93
He/Him
Active player (388)
crazyjesse wrote:
Sorry to throw you under the bus, XTREMAL93!
hah) that's ok) it is not enjoyable game for TAS so i decided play shorter version
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... *burp*!