Post subject: Metal Slug Advance (100% run)
I consider the old topic to be just for a normal run. After a little hiatus, I have been inspired to try this again. However, I'm thinking of going for 100% since it might be more interesting than just a normal run. The only problem is that some missions requires more than 1 visit. There are 3 things I am concerned about though 1. A route 2. One of the cards requires you to beat the game in "Paper Thin" mode (1 hit death). I'm not sure if you only have to beat the final level with it. 3. One of the cards requires you to die without killing anything. I would like to go for No Damage but would dieing be considered taking damage? EDIT: Yikes, looks like I'm on my own
Just to give some people a small idea what to expect, this was how version 2 of the normal TA was coming along. http://home.ripway.com/2005-3/270828/MetalSlugAdvancedv2.zip Now picture me saving all the hostages, going on a mass killing spree, and shooting walls for cards.
Wren
He/Him
I would certainly be interested in watching a run of this. Sadly, however, I don't know this game very well at all so I can't be of much help to you. I'm sure there is a pretty decent amount of interest in a run like this. Good luck! ^_^
<i>A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day.</i>
Former player
I will help you with a route, although the only planning you really need are for level 5 and the dungeon. It will suck having to redo the dungeon so much, but whatever. As for the other two concerns: just equip paper thing while doing a run through, say, level 1's secret area, and you should get the award. Then, load the same level and die at the first enemy. Problem solved. Technically, death = damage, but if you are not taking any damage aside from a 1 hit kill death, I am sure people won't mind considering it a no damage run.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Thanks, heres what I have in mind for now Mission 1 Mission 2 (slugless) Mission 3 (slugless) Go to card list and activate Paper Thin mode Mission 4 (slugless) Mission 5 (die) Mission 5 (eject from Slug Flyer) Dungeon (I think its possible to get everything in one shot) Mission 3 Mission 1 (slugless) Mission 2 Mission 4 (slugless) Go to card list and activate Black Hound Mission 5 (don't eject from Slug Flyer)
Former player
Does Paper Thin work with the jet to toss you out faster? That's pretty useful... Actually, it is impossible to do the dungeon in one turn. Whenever you pick up a rare card, the level ends. That means you'll have to do that level at least 5 times, but probably more. Level 5 will also have to be done a minimum of 3 times, I think, if you're getting every card there. Also, why are you doing some levels slugless. Unless you're using that buff knife upgrade to slash some things, I don't follow. You could just upgrade the slug's weaponry and rip through the bosses super fast. Finally, I don't really remember where each of the cards are that activate the hidden parts of the main levels. I'm pretty sure they're scattered through level 5 and the dungeon. That means that your current route will have to depend on if you have found said key cards in time.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Hyakutaro wrote:
Mission 2 (slugless) Mission 3 (slugless) Mission 4 (slugless) Mission 1 (slugless) Mission 4 (slugless)
Reasons I choose to go slugless in so many levels Mission 2 I need to ditch the slug completely to get 2 cards and 2 hostages anyway. I could use the slug in Mission 3 but it would be faster to just walk (errr, jump). I plan to use the Dropshot and grenades against the boss anyway. Mission 4 you can't take the slug with you to the boss so why bother? Mission 5 is obvious Mission 1, I'll have enough shotgun ammo and I got to ditch the slug completely anyway As for the dungeon, if thats true then I'll just have to visit it every time I finish a level.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2105)
I am curious to know how you got this game to run on Rerecording VBA 1.72. I can only start the first level and then have the game freeze or reset itself, or even bring up a dialogue box reading something like "Unsupported BIOS call!" very soon. EDIT: Using GBA BIOS only fixes the third problem.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do