Here's my second complete run through Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt on the SNES. I used snes9xw-improvement7 to make this run, with all the boxes unchecked ([]Use WIP1 timing, []Allow Left+Right/Up+Down []Volume evsomething []Fake mute desync blah, []Sync samples etc).
I want to thank Hoe for bringing to my attention the awesome power of the walljump in this game. Basically, if you press L near a left wall or R near a right wall, the game will sometimes think you're standing on ground. When this happens, Pugsley can jump from the wall. This allows for a huge amount of shortcuts, both big and small ones.
I selected the hardest difficulty so fast, it's almost impossible to see it. This means Pugsley gets only one heart, and if he gets hit even once, he's dead.
My secondary goal was to collect as much money and kill as many enemies as possible. This is not always possible without wasting some time.
  • No warps or passwords
  • Abuses programming errors (walljumping)
  • No hits = no deaths
  • As fast as possible
  • Hardest possible difficulty

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #699: Blublu's SNES Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt in 13:58.63
Hoe
:)
Err its too fast for me to really pick at it, but the wall jumping thing was quite noticible in some areas. Yes from me for the blazing speed.
Faster, higher and stronger!:) So I vote yes.
Player (67)
OK, it has now been 16 days since I submitted this. Have we reached a verdict yet?
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
The encoders are a bit busy, there are older publishable submissions on the workbench.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
The game was very odd, all that odd theme enemies, background, and bosses. But I think it would be worth publishing because of it's speed going thru the level, like the sonic the hedgehog game. I went with "Yes" instead of meh, it was hard vote.
well id vote but, after a long time of looking, i cant find this rom anywhere on the internet..
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
It's usually listed under A as in Addams Family, The - Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt, and not P.
well dang, why didnt you people put that in the name =/ ive been looking for it for a while now lol thanks
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
If you look in the submission details, it's right there in the ROM name field. But yeah, I had the same problem for a while, so I don't blame you. Could someone explain why Pugsley farts every time he kills an enemy?
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Player (24)
Yes, great and fast. And wall jumping looks great.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Player (104)
Holy crap. That game sucks some serious wind, was there even suppose to be sound effects? Or were you just going too fast for that crappy programming to keep up with it. Heh, I'm not suprised that you can wall jump at all. I vote yes because it was a very good run of the game I thought. I don't think I could beat this game if I tried. Either because of the crappy programming, or that I just got bored out of my mind trying to. I think this game makes a better speed run then actually playing it :P
Soft Blue Dragon
Former player
Blublu wrote:
OK, it has now been 16 days since I submitted this. Have we reached a verdict yet?
Look at the submissions queue. Some movies have been there for months without having an encoder make a decision...
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Player (67)
Zurreco wrote:
Look at the submissions queue. Some movies have been there for months without having an encoder make a decision...
Yeah, I didn't realize that at the time. That's why I'm not whining now. The recently published "Out to Lunch" movie was submitted in january! So according to my estemations, my movie will be published or rejected sometime in late 2006.
Editor, Active player (296)
Blublu wrote:
So according to my estemations, my movie will be published or rejected sometime in late 2006.
Or, if you are lucky, sometime in July 2005. :P
Player (67)
Bisqwit wrote:
Or, if you are lucky...
I'm never lucky! If it ever looks like I'm lucky, it's actually just a coincidence. :)
Former player
Good movie, it should be published REALLY, it deserves it... I don't know why it's still queueing, because there are movies that have been posted after yours and that have already been published, i do not catch the whole thing :S... Though i voted Yes because yours is impressively good :)
Not dead yet... still very busy... damn...
Player (67)
Thanks. It's always nice to get positive comments. :) Popular games and games with dolphins in them get published fast. Less popular ones have to wait. There are still probably some submissions older than this that can be published. The problem is that they are being published really slowly. I think the last time a movie older than this one was published was almost two weeks ago. Bleh...
hmm... i'm not sure what to think of this movie. i mean its fast, well done but at the same time its almost TO fast to really think about whats happening. not to mention that farting noise each time you bounce on something is really shitting me lol. that aside, well done on what seems to be a game ment to be played at a slower pace. thumbs up
Former player
I guess that's what we call a time attack, it's incredibly fast, so watching the movie once won't make you understand everything, and this one is fast and pretty well done... At least it's impressively fast, and being impressive is one of the goal of this site ;)
Not dead yet... still very busy... damn...
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [393] SNES The Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt by Blublu in 13:58.63
This .smv file don't work with Snes9x 1.43 WIP. But only with last the version 1.43. But other movie file (megaman x2) work only with Snes9x 1.43 WIP. I must keep the 2 versions of Snes9x !!
Player (36)
No, just the one found here.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.