Former player
hahahaha ok, ok... seriously... you'll need the L+R emulator (maybe, since i do use L+R). and i already did a search and didnt find this game and have not stopped laughing since i pulled this off on the first stage. its simple holding down Left+Right+A (or B... i dont know which button it is) unfortunately, it doesnt work in "big mode", so there will be actual gameplay there... :P
Former player
That is one of the most unusal glitches I've seen ;) I don't think it would be good for a "TAS" though because then people would only see the big mode-mode of the game and I found that pretty boring. Unless you can shot the predator at any time? I had to walk a bit before I hit him, I don't know if it's supposed to be that way or if I didn't get the stage. Cool glitch anyhows ;)
/Walker Boh
Former player
ja... big mode is very annoying and making my eyes bleed a little. but if anyone wants to try the game as well, the glitch is insanely easy to pull off.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
that glitch must be related with the skip level cheat of that game. seems to work same way and you can use the normal fceu to watch the movie EDIT: hmmm funny.... that really seems to BE the cheat code itself. Its that in brazil the controllers used to allow left+right if you press it enough, we thought the code was just jump and swing controller, but that must be what happened.... (same left+right effects happened to me when i was playing battletoads on my phantom system)
Former player
I don't remember the movie like this ;) The last boss at stage 30 was really.. not like the movie at all. I'd vote for not TAS'ing this game at all actually.
/Walker Boh
Former player
then i hereby discontinue working on this project.
Active player (410)
That game is miserable. Only my opinion.
Experienced player (703)
Know, updating a very old topic, but I may Found, Improvement frame, cuz the Ennemies when shoots you make you bounce so you go more faster :)
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Experienced player (703)
I think I'm gonna do a full TAS of this as a side project for rayman 1! I've tried many tests at level 1 and this is by far the best one I had! Link to video User movie #19562103344241275 Please feedback, thanks!
Current: Rayman 3 maybe? idk xD Paused: N64 Rayman 2 (with Funnyhair) GBA SMA 4 : E Reader (With TehSeven) TASVideos is like a quicksand, you get in, but you cannot quit the sand
Active player (471)
@ :21 -> it looks like you get hit but arent boosting. maybe Im seeing that wrong or without speed addresses.. other than that, looks good keep it up :)
Editor, Skilled player (1505)
Oh, I worked on this some time ago, but haven't touched it since then. I finished up to first auto-scroller. I did some better damage boosting than you, being 5 pixels ahead, but then lost some frames, due to bad enemy movement. Maybe there's a way to manipulate them. Also Got4n, you should fix your "ugly" input pressing Start on lag for no reason.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Experienced player (703)
solarplex wrote:
@ :21 -> it looks like you get hit but arent boosting. maybe Im seeing that wrong or without speed addresses.. other than that, looks good keep it up :)
Thanks, also, yeah it doesn't look like, because bullet damage boost less I think, but it makes gain like 4 pixels :P
TASeditor wrote:
Oh, I worked on this some time ago, but haven't touched it since then. I finished up to first auto-scroller. I did some better damage boosting than you, being 5 pixels ahead, but then lost some frames, due to bad enemy movement. Maybe there's a way to manipulate them. Also Got4n, you should fix your "ugly" input pressing Start on lag for no reason.
Mind sending me your movie file? Thanks! (also, yeah I'll fix my ugly start pressing)
Here's the file of level 1: User movie #19574908270357543 I can boost 2 more pixels from the guy at frame 1225, but that makes the enemy where you need to climb up to the platform behave badly. The time loss I got in my earlier version was because I did a better boosting at the second last scorpion, at the last scorpion I needed to slow down a bit to get rid of the invulnerability frames. Now with the worse boosting the invulnerability frames end right when I'm at the last scorpion, and finishes the level as fast as your's, being 0.5 pixels ahead. The guy at frame 1225 moves to the right in my version, which means he can't shoot me after I boost off him.
Favorite animal: STOCK Gt(ROSA)26Sortm1.1(rtTA,EGFP)Nagy Grm7Tg(SMN2)89Ahmb Smn1tm1Msd Tg(SMN2*delta7)4299Ahmb Tg(tetO-SMN2,-luc)#aAhmb/J YouTube Twitch
Experienced player (703)
TASeditor wrote:
Here's the file of level 1: User movie #19574908270357543 I can boost 2 more pixels from the guy at frame 1225, but that makes the enemy where you need to climb up to the platform behave badly. The time loss I got in my earlier version was because I did a better boosting at the second last scorpion, at the last scorpion I needed to slow down a bit to get rid of the invulnerability frames. Now with the worse boosting the invulnerability frames end right when I'm at the last scorpion, and finishes the level as fast as your's, being 0.5 pixels ahead. The guy at frame 1225 moves to the right in my version, which means he can't shoot me after I boost off him.
Ah okay, that game is really horrible to optimise O_o Thanks for your TAS :) (29k rerecords, egh for optimising)
The 29k rerecords where for the whole up to after first auto-scroller, but I didn't put that into my file, because desyncs at stage 2, due to my fixes in stage 1. For the damage boosts I recommend using auto-restore, since the boost are not constant.
Experienced player (703)
TASeditor wrote:
The 29k rerecords where for the whole up to after first auto-scroller, but I didn't put that into my file, because desyncs at stage 2, due to my fixes in stage 1. For the damage boosts I recommend using auto-restore, since the boost are not constant.
Luck is annoying too
Darkman425
He/They
Editor, Judge, Skilled player (1066)
According to the TCRF page for Predator, the page claims that the Japanese version of the game is harder. I know for sure that the level order is different but I don't know if anyone has verified in what ways the Japanese release is more difficult. Would playing on the harder Japanese version be more interesting?
Switch friend code: SW-2632-3851-3712