Submission Text Full Submission Page
About Game: A really entertaining game. There is No Changes between Arcade & Sega Genesis version. This game is also known as Contra III under Sega 16 Bit System.
Story: Enemy kidnaped player's whole family. You will rescue them by playing stage by stage game till lasts. You will enter to Weapon room after end of every stage & can purchase various types of weapons using Keys.
About Timeattack: This version is much faster than my last one. Probably this is final. Do not Kill the enemies which are not needed. Used less Gun Ammos Probably below 500 from start to end. There are various types of weapons you can keep. I used Laser as my Gun & Nitro as Bomb. Also used super power which increase the power of Guns.
Again Saying Played at Normal Diffculty because of boringness under hardest diffculty

Truncated: There has been a lot of timesavers suggested and verified, so this will be rejected because of suboptimal playing.
If someone decides to improve it, I would suggest to play with the enemies in the autoscrolling areas, but kill them off just before they start to cause lag. And think about if it's really not worth playing the hardest difficulty.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #729: Radz's Genesis Midnight Resistance in 11:56.55
Godd ! Much better than your first one. And good acuracy too There's some points I have to nickpick: -At around 1:33:00, you don't take the fastest path. You can go to the left and fall down to the take a quick step on the last platform ( to avoid death when hitting the bottom of the screen) -Lag. I know you want to show your enemy avoiding, but too much onscreen cause lag that slow down the game. -Level 3 boss : The weels at the top can be killed much faster by not waiting for all of them to be vulnerable. The second part can be killed much faster with more carefuly placed nitro -You don't have to rescue your family to finish the game Too bad it won't get published because it's not played at the hardest difficulty level. Furthermore, a movie played at the most dificult level would be rejected because it would be too boring.
Jyzero wrote:
-At around 1:33:00, you don't take the fastest path. You can go to the left and fall down to the take a quick step on the last platform ( to avoid death when hitting the bottom of the screen) -Lag. I know you want to show your enemy avoiding, but too much onscreen cause lag that slow down the game.
As you noticed I jumped to make enemy's bullet at wrong way and then jeep keeps bullets there all the time. OK it show you must jump 1 time i killed him in different ways because of enjoyment. No matter if i am standing or whatever while bullets are hitting enemy. I don't slow down timeattack speed perhaps makes it a little fast.
Jyzero wrote:
-Level 3 boss : The weels at the top can be killed much faster by not waiting for all of them to be vulnerable.
You think it. But Actually Nitro don't touch the wheels till it accelerates, I killed all of them at once. What do you say now?
Jyzero wrote:
The second part can be killed much faster with more carefuly placed nitro
Again i dissagree with you... Big wheels required 3 nitros to destroy. And the time between throwing 3 Nitros & going back to next wheel is same.
Jyzero wrote:
Too bad it won't get published because it's not played at the hardest difficulty level. Furthermore, a movie played at the most dificult level would be rejected because it would be too boring.
At the point of hardest level difficulty i am again saying it will be a boring watch. OK i will do 1 level under hardest difficuly tommorow. then compare it where it is hard. norhing. only All boss takes more time be killed. Nothing else....
Radz.
Look at this movie I made when testing early versions of modified Gens: http://www.step.polymtl.ca/~jyzero/midnight.zip I timed it. The second vertical section of level 2 (1:40:00) is 1 second faster with my path. The level 3 boss fight (3:44:55) is 4 seconds faster. And even more time can be saved in these sections by using frame advance. A correctly placed Nitro can hit the boss twice. Good luck with your very hard movie. I never passed the 3 gears boss.
Some timesavers are good. Let me see what can i learn.
Radz.
Player (80)
IMHO, the enemy avoiding is one of the places where it's good to trade a few frames for higher entertainment value. I found it to be hugely entertaining, especially with the flying guys. I hope this gets resurrected and improved, but I'm voting yes until then.
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
Finally someone voted, Blah blahhhh... I actually forgot that i submitted this submission. If some one tried it please tell me the exact place where they thinks, it can be improved. Not Jyzero's Record. it's under old Genesis, I really can't imagine what to do with that one..
Radz.
Former player
Okay, having no familiarity with the game, I decided to add a second yes vote to this submission. The enemy jumping is neat, and the game is short.
I found this pretty entertaining too, but the slow down was annoying. I guess IdeaMagnate was right that it was the most fun part of the movie. I like how this game is so incredibly Contra-y, right down to the guy's three frames of running animation. So, how awful is TASing this game on hard mode? Has anyone tried? How much longer would it be? (No vote yet.)
FreshFeeling wrote:
So, how awful is TASing this game on hard mode? Has anyone tried? How much longer would it be? (No vote yet.)
I already tried it on hard mode, nothing especial. In Hard Mode, All Bosses/Jeeps/Aeroplane/Wheels takes more damage to destroy. There is no interesting thing in it. That's why i choosen Normal Mode.
Radz.
I liked it. Kind of a shame that there were only a couple weapons used, but I don't suppose anything could be done about that without wasting a lot of time... I don't know if Jyzero's suggestions would have saved more than a handful of frames, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.
Dromiceius wrote:
I liked it. Kind of a shame that there were only a couple weapons used.
Both Weapons are powerfull, and slecting others is waste of time.
Radz.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
IdeaMagnate wrote:
IMHO, the enemy avoiding is one of the places where it's good to trade a few frames for higher entertainment value. I found it to be hugely entertaining, especially with the flying guys. I hope this gets resurrected and improved, but I'm voting yes until then.
I liked it for the flying guys, but the second time you do it, it is not as good. And it is far more than a few frames. I would estimate you lose about 10 seconds from lag. I would say avoid the flying guys for a while buy then shoot a few to minimize lag. Then don't do it the 2nd time at all because it is less entertaining (esp since we have already seen you do something like that) and it has a tremendous amount of lag. Also several more improvement have been pointed out, I would say this run could be improved by 15-20 sec. This needds further improvement, voting no BTW, runs have been published when on easy mode when the only difference between the two modes are the number of hits it takes to kill a boss. In these cases, the extra hits only make the boss battle more boring so the easy mode it preferred.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Former player
Interesting, sure, but obviously flawed. Voting no.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!