Submission Text Full Submission Page
This game is one of my favorite game. I am interested in how long I finish this game by tool-assisted play, and I made this movie.
I save time mainly by running jump. This action is useful for going through the enemy and finishing fight quickly. I am damaged from the enemy in parts because I prevent the enemy from moving ahead and quickly drop or corner the enemy. As a result, I save time.
  • I use snes9xw-improvement7 (use WIP1 timing, fake mute desync workaround, sync samples with sound CPU)
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Uses no passwords
  • Abuses programming errors (In five continuous fights of level 19, when the following enemy shows up, I jump. Then the enemy dies immediately. But, this bug cannot be used for the first enemy.)
This movie's time
Level 1  0:27    Level 11 1:15
Level 2  1:20    Level 12 0:56
Level 3  1:39    Level 13 3:00
Level 4  1:07    Level 14 1:54
Level 5  1:41    Level 15 2:31
Level 6  1:19    Level 16 1:35
Level 7  1:34    Level 17 0:55
Level 8  1:48    Level 18 3:15
Level 9  1:06    Level 19 3:23
Level 10 1:43    Level 20 0:04
Because I am not so good at English, I use machine translator and English-Japanese dictionary. I am sorry when this comments and explanations are incomprehensible.

Bisqwit: Welcome, thanks, and don't sweat. :) I reformatted this submission slightly so it's better readable.
fuzi2: Because SprintGod's movie is faster than this,I cancel this.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #779: fuzi2's SNES Prince of Persia in 34:41.38
Former player
Yes from me. There are some suboptimal areas, but I only spotted them because I've used manual brute force to get through the first few levels (i.e. trying every possible combination of movement to get to each forced position). That's why it's been taking so damn long for me to get this game recorded. Also, I'm lazy. Bleh. I doubt that anyone else will see anything wrong with this.
Blah!
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I'm going to have to vote no. I just can't see any point in doing the same game for three different systems with minimal differences. I thought the second one was one too many already. I feel the same way if someone would do a very good Super Mario All-stars or Mega Man Wily Wars. It might be harsh on your hard work, but that's what I think. Sorry.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
Truncated, this one must obsolete the others then, because this game clearly looks better.
Former player
Minimal differences my arse.
Blah!
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
I just watched it, i'm a fan of the game but of course i had to FF>> some parts because the moves were predictable. I don't see any room for improvement, if sprintgod can make this faster i'm impressed. Maybe i should watch the other prince of persia TAS's before suggesting this, but i think the original prince of persia looks too flat, this one is incredibly more polished. I'd prefer having this one on the site (i always did).
Former player
The only plausible explanation for the NES version is that it was made by three gibbons and a cheese grater. All copies of it should be burned, crushed and/or launched into space. I only bothered to record it because the existing TAS sucked more than the game itself. The Megadrive version has roughly the same content as the original PC version (with improved graphics), but it uses a different game engine with some annoying quirks. The SNES game engine seems to have been ported from the original, but so much stuff has been added and changed (mostly for the better) that it might as well be a sequel.
Blah!
>Minimal differences my arse. I know you listed the differences elsewhere (it's here for anyone interested). I still find them minimal. You are still a prince caught in a dungeon trying to find your sword and get out and save the princess before time runs out. The moves are identical, the levels are nearly identical (there were some extra ones in the SNES version), the engine has some minor differences and the graphics are a bit prettier. Would you, for example, like to see Mega Drive versions of Mega Man 1, 2 and 3? The differences are about the same: same moves, same levels (with some additions), same engine with minor differences, and prettier graphics. I think no, and even so Mega Man games are a lot more popular than Prince of Persia games.
Former player
I'm going to agree with Sprint. This is my favorite version of the game. Compared to the terrible nes version, there are different bosses, better variety of levels (such level 10), and enough changes to qualify it for a good game for publication. These aren't simply minor changes: on the whole, it does indeed feel like playing an entirely different game.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
truncated, the difference between the graphics in NES prince of persia and SNES prince of persia are so imense that it isn't comparable to that megaman game, that is a minor difference.
Active player (277)
And I watched the Mega Rock Man runs for Genesis anyway! So there!
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Former player
13 of the 20 levels in the SNES version are entirely new. Levels 7, 8, 10, 11 and 12 of the original no longer exist. Any important events within these have been reimplemented in the new levels. The 7 levels that are based on originals have had sections added, removed, or altered to varying degrees. Especially level 9 (originally 6), which has been changed so much that only the first and last rooms are recognisable. In conclusion. Truncated should try watching recordings before commenting on them.
Blah!
>In conclusion. Truncated should try watching recordings before commenting on them. That's quite presumptuous. I did watch the recording before commenting on it. And I always do. (What are you, a mind reader?) It felt a lot like more of the same thing as the other two, and to me not interesting enough to deserve a separate third publication. I fast-forwarded most of it. And anyway, most people seem to agree with you, so be happy about this game probably getting published on a third system instead. There's no need to be an ass about it. Or talking about me in third person as if what you wrote wasn't directed towards me.
Former player
So you "watched" it, yet didn't notice that around 80% of the game is different. What you're doing is tantamount to fastforwarding through Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in 10 minutes, then claiming it's not worth watching because it's the same as the first two movies.
Blah!
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Truncated wrote:
I just can't see any point in doing the same game for three different systems with minimal differences. I thought the second one was one too many already.
I haven't actually watched the run yet, but I personally think that having runs of the same game on different platforms is not a problem. The differences may be subtle, but there are people who have only played the SNES version, and so they would be most entertained by that video over the other platforms. The subtle differences in the game engine, for example, may confuse some who aren't familiar with the version. Plus, doesn't one of the existing Prince of Persia runs have some huge wall-jumping-through-glitch? Maybe this is PoP2. Anyway, I will get to watching this when I get back home in a few days.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
This is my favorite version of the game, as well, and this run was entertaining to watch and looks optimal enough that I think it should be published (i.e. yes vote from me), but considering what he said I won't be surprised if SprintGod obsoletes this at some point.
GMP
He/Him
Editor, Reviewer, Active player (359)
Did a casual encode of this for documenting this in the Prince of Persia TASes Google sheet that we have in the PoP community. Figured I'd post it here as well in case someone wants to watch it without having to download the movie and a old version of snes9x. Link to video