This is simply Ferret Warlord's previous run of Wizards & Warriors III, Kuros: Visions of Power with a new glitch at the fight against Malkil. It was recorded using FCEU 0.98.12 (blip) and is about 25 seconds shorter than the previous TAS. Since everything except the final fight is exactly the same, I will just explain the new glitch.
Malkil instant death glitch
This is the most useful of several glitches that result from levitating with the third-level wizard during the fight against Malkil. I am not sure of the cause of the glitches, but they seem to occur when Kuros levitates in certain locations. This instant death glitch also seems to require the firing of an upward shot with the third-level knight or first-level wizard before it works. In order to produce this glitch, Kuros must levitate so that the leftmost black pixel of the levitating sprite when facing to the right lines up with the leftmost black pixel of the lowest step of the throne. The corresponding position when standing on the floor and facing right is having the leftmost black pixel of his right foot directly above the first white pixel of the leftmost and uppermost white floor tile under the throne. For some unknown reason, levitating in this location causes the screen to shake and temporarily display some incorrect graphics in some spots. It also triggers Malkil's death animation and the appearance of the portal. It does not, however, award the player the points that he would usually get for destroying Malkil. The game does proceed to the end of the story, so the processor apparently considers Malkil to be dead.

Bisqwit: Processing... Done.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #781: Ferret Warlord, Dacicus's NES Wizards & Warriors 3 in 17:27.95
Skilled player (1404)
And you can use this to skip straight to the now non-battle, similar to Dragon's Lair. Right now I wish to applaud you, Dacicus, for getting this to work while I can't. :)
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [401] NES Wizards & Warriors III: Kuros: Visions of Power by Ferret Warlord, Dacicus in 17:27.95
Neat. Why the subtitle prior to the new glitch, though? That was rather distracting - and not even possibly helpful, either, since it wasn't displayed for long enough to read the URL. I sure hope that other new movies will not get subtitles when glitches are exploited now, too. Put a notice at the beginning of the movie that it uses glitches if you fear viewers might get confused otherwise, but please, don't put them in the middle of the movie like that.
Editor, Player (67)
schneelocke wrote:
it wasn't displayed for long enough to read the URL.
You could stop the playback to read the URL. I also think that the subtitles could be distracting, though. Maybe the URL to the movie description page could be placed on a screen after the one with the URL to the Nesvideos site.
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Some other movies already have subtitles detailing the glitches in the middle of the movie. Wizards & Warriors (1) for example. But I wouldn't know much about it since I always go with the movie files nowadays.
Personally, I would've rather had the description of the glitch here, and not as a subtitle. However, that takes nothing away from this run...being able to break the seemingly linear sequence of events is definitely entertaining, and the end glitch is quite amazing too!