Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Emulator used: FCE Ultra 0.98.12-blip.
  • NTSC settings. Movie will desync in PAL.
  • Aims for the fastest possible time.
  • Takes damage to save time.
  • Manipulates luck.
This is another example of what lots of small improvements can do. This is a 30 seconds improvement over Walker Boh's version.
The route is still the same, I played around with the route a lot, but all new paths I tried out were slower than this. So I'm pretty positive that this is the fastest route.
There are some new stuff in this movie though. There are some jumps that I manage to make that Walker didn't, such as the one around frame 6930. There are some more jumps that has been changed in order to save more time.
After this movie was done, I found out a new timesaver. It's not much, but it's something. This has to be done while you are on the ground: Run towards an enemy, and right before you are about to get hit by him, turn around for one frame, then turn back and continue running. This is 4 frames faster than running without hyper shoes, and 1 frame faster than running if you're wearing the hyper shoes.
Roughly, the time might be cut down by 3 to 4 seconds using this trick. Perhaps even more. I'm working on an improved version, but it will probably take some time before it's done, so I'm submitting this version now. The improved version will be around 4 or 5 seconds faster. I have no idea when it will be completed though. If you're interested in seeing the WIP for the improved run, just contact me. I will most likely send the WIP to you :)
This movie was pretty hard to make. I tried hard frameperfecting each and every room, therefor the high rerecord count. I still don't think it's perfect, but unless someone finds a faster route, I think this movie can be improved by perhaps 8-12 seconds at most. But I may be wrong on this :)
To Walker Boh: This movie was made before we had our discussion on IRC. And as we agreed, this is the last of your movies that I will obsolete, unless I find a good reason (new timesaver or glitch or something like that)to do so. If you dislike me doing an improved run (again) of this game, just let me know.
This is perhaps not a great improvement, but it's still something. I hope you'll all enjoy this run! :)
/Randil

Bisqwit: To clarify, the author cancelled this submission because a noticeably version is already being made.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #818: Randil's NES Goonies 2 in 16:51.25