Submission Text Full Submission Page
FCE Ultra 0.98.12, no special settings used. NTSC, 26:10 total time.
Starts from beginning, plays all the way through, no warps or passwords used.
At some parts it appears you can walk through the enemies without taking damage, I think I only have to do this once or twice to save time. Most noticeable abuse was the first level of the second island, right before the boss.
Takes no damage, no deaths deaths, 1 character, no restarting.
Goes for fastest possible completion, picks up items(bones/stones) that dont take up any time.
Im guessing this is a lesser-known game, but ive seen a few people that wanted a movie of it. Its basicly a one(or two) player platform game except you kill enemies with your club or club + stones, cant step on ememies unless you have a special 'hard feet' power-up from one of the shops.(I never bother with this in the movie)
Description:
Im sure some people have played this game.. with 3 lives(Can buy more, but I dont think it happens often), NO continues and like 20-30 levels ive only ever beaten it on a real NES once, and it took a few years of on/off play.
It aims to getting the Auto Club/Fast stones/Power stones at the first shop(after level 2) to make the bosses as fast as possible, and keeps it through the whole game. Some tricks I try to use to make it interesting is killing enemies from behind, when im on top of them, and any other odd angles that are very hard to pull off on a NES consistantly.

Truncated: Rejected. The biggest reason for that is that the game is not suited for speedrunning (at all), but the movie looked sloppy in places too, notably bosses.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #839: QoiZ's NES Big Nose the Caveman in 26:09.87
Quietust
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Maybe it was just me, but the game seemed incredibly boring, and your speedrun didn't make it very much more enjoyable. Add in the fact that each level appears at LEAST 2 times (and that each boss shows up about a half dozen times) and perhaps one can see that there are some games which are just not suitable for speedrunning.
* Quietust, QMT Productions P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
I also think this is pretty boring to watch. It is not played as badly as I was expecting - there are several places where imprecision is noticeable, but here they don't bother me nearly as much as the repetitiveness and simplicity of the game itself. There just doesn't seem to be room to make anything amazing happen in this game... edit: I almost forgot to mention that the sheer ridiculousness of the method by which the character is able to fly in the (second?) autoscrolling level was the only thing that really stood out to me. edit2: I'm not sure why I didn't vote No, but I don't think this should be published.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!