• Emulator used Snes9x 1.43+ improvement7
  • Movie length: 177539 Frames (00.49.19)
  • Use WIP1 Timing (No)
  • Allow Left+Right/Up+Down (No)
  • Volume Envelope Height Reading (Yes)
  • Fake Mute desync workaround (No)
  • Sync samples with sound CPU (No)
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Uses Warps (W-Barrels)
  • Takes damage to save time
Lake Orangatanga
Every stage have W-Barrel
Kremwood Forest
Same here. Boss can't shot kongs because i get barrel so fast
Cotton-Top Cove
In Second stage i get damage couple of times because it's faster as wait bee goes away.
In third stage i played last section of stage to jumping on the water, i saved some frames with it.
Mekanos
In first & fourth stage i throw Dixie up to save some frames
Stage three.. this can be looking "little" boring but i abused auto-scroll screen a little to finish stage faster.
K3
in 3 th stage in the end i shooted "web" before sign, becouse Kiddy was able to roll straight way to goal.
Razor Ridge
in stage 1 : i taked damage to save time. When you take DK barrel with squawks it's much faster than using apes to get it.
stage 2 is slow. I tried to make it look fun :)
In stage 4 : I didn't use Ellie & Squitter, i was able to be faster without them.
in boss second turning i went inside a boss with this i got drills doing damage faster on boss.
Kaos Kore
in stage 1 : i used (climbed?) mechanic ropes to save time
in the stage 3 : I manipulated thunder to smash closer to me and i mustn't stop everytime then
Final Boss : i tried to throw barrel(s) to hit boss so fast as possible.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Very good run in my eyes, watched a couple of WIP's and even being a long run, doesn't gets boring. Yes.
Former player
Thanks to Shinryuu, he help me with the txt :) My english sucks -_-"
Current Projects: ???
Former player
Thanks man :)
Former player
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (U) [!]
Former player
NesVideoAgent wrote:
Note: When writing something that affects the processing of this movie, please edit the submission instead of posting at the forum.
I believe this means you should edit your submission instead of posting this on the forum. (Thanks to Shinryuu and what rom was used.) I've never submitted a movie, so I don't know how it works, but hopefully I'm right.
Former player
Guybrush ask me and i tell he what rom i used
Former player
And I deleted my post because I was stupid and didn't remember that it reads in the submission info. But about your run Sami, it's just great! Very entertaining movie! Voting YES.
Former player
Thanks Guybrush. Some reason i can't delete those two posts :E
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
You can only delete your most recent post if no one has posted after you, unless you're an editor or something. I personally didn't like this game much, but the run is played very precisely from what I can tell, and there are many who do like the game, so I vote yes. In the cave level where you play as the bird, there is a part where you fly very close to an enemy, but don't die, but the number of lives remaining comes onto the screen. I wonder if you tricked the game into thinking you were dead somehow.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Former player
It comes up when i collect 100 bananas and get extra life
Player (79)
Could you also say what difficulty its played at, and what % you end with? thanks
Player (223)
*yes* Now Sami where is 100% run? (or is it 101%?)
<adelikat> I've been quoted with worse
I thought it was 105%.
Former player
Run is 43% I make 105% run but later :) I say many times this is not 105% run, it's fastest possible :p
Yeah, but I meant that 101% isn't the most, it's 105%.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
I always thought it was 103%, just like how DKC1 was 101% and DKC2 was 102%.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Former player
If you don't collect midle stage barrels you get 105%
Yes, very nice and fast looking run. Few points which got my attention: First, the way you take the DK barrels was just so nicely planed. By this I mean that you take those barrels only when it doesn't slow you down (by stopping the screen for a moment). Second, all those little sortcuts where you throw your buddy to skip a barrel or something were also great. Third, those parrto stages rocked! They were so fast it was sometimes hard to keep up. ;) And fourth, I really liked the shellfish bossbattle. I never knew you could get on him without getting hurt. Plus it was very fast (like the whole game ;) ). the only minus (to me atleast) was the saw stage. You kept climbing the tree offscreen so it started to get a little boring. Of course it was first kinda cool to see you jumping for every branch before you could even see them, but after a while it started to get a bit boring. A YES vote from me!
Which run should I encode next? :)
Former player
Maza saw stage must go offscreen. Otherwise it's slower
Yes, quite an entertaining run. I'm really looking forward to the 105% run. :D
Very well played! A definite yes!
<agill> banana banana banana terracotta pie! <Shinryuu> ho-la terracotta barba-ra anal-o~
Former player
Thanks Guys :)
I've been following your WIPs closely, let me see the final file.. Hope it's nice, I'm a huge fan of DKC series.. Plz do DKC2 next, it's the best one :D
First, I would like to say congratulations, it is a wonderful run, and I'm voting YES. But I'm going to be very critic in this post. Please note that your job is excellent, worth publishing, and I never could make something like that, but I need to post my opinnion, right? (I have a bad english, try to not pay attention to it) Good things: The Warp barrels are very nice for people that doesn't know them, and the way you get to them is very nice also, it don't got boring for me. Arich battle was VERY nice, much faster than I thought it was going to be, you don't even let she throw her poison! In world three, both waterfall stages were nice, and for god sake you didn't use Ellie! That doesn't seemed like an option for me! Kreeping Klasps were very nice too, don't know how the piranha didn't get you. Low-G Labyrinth was very nice, in fact, all Squawks stages were very nice in this run. Kaos first battle was nice and funny, I've liked that :) K3 was the best one, you made it perfectly in all stages, Barrel Drop Bounce was incredible, and the Snowman battle was very nice too. Razor Ridge was fun too, again you didn't used all animals and Kong-Fused Cliffs was funny. Barbos were the best boss fight, you certainly did things that made me impressed there. The final world, as usual, is one of the best, always, because the stages are harder. The final boss was awesome. Bad things: I don't know why, but this run doesn't seem to be the fastest possible. Did you used frame advance when selecting on map screen? Because it seems that you lost some frames there. Maybe it is the fastest possible and maybe you have pressed the buttons at the first frame possible, but it doesn't seem so. At Belcha battle, the second bug is throwed much smoother than the first. The water stages doesn't seem that smooth, and sometimes I think you shouldn't use Enguarde Charge (button A) an you use it, and vice-versa. In the Ripsaw Rage I had in my mind that if you knew the path of the stage you could finish in seconds, but there is a limit =/. I also thought that you could play a bit more in this stage, since it is auto-scrolling. At the Snowman, after his first snowball-from-the-hat-combo you let he laugh a little before hitting him, but on the other combos you don't. Maybe you lost some time there or you just can't hit him before that? In Creepy Caverns, you could have used Kiddy, you needed to stop to dodge the big blue monsters. Maybe all this "mistakes" that I've said aren't actually mistakes, and it is not possible to pass trought this areas faster, but I have to comment this, they have caught my attention.