I am the hamburger king!
Here's another M.C. Kids submission and this time it's 100%-run.
This movie is 3379 frames (56.32 seconds) faster than the current published run.
I was faster in all levels, in some only about 2 frames but in others about 7 seconds or more. Even the boss fight was faster ;) Most of the improvments came from better controlling of the character. Some new tricks were also invented. And I didn't collect 100 arches so I didn't have to go to the bonus stage.
  • FCEU 0.98.15 used
  • Aims for fastest time
  • 100% run
  • Takes damage
  • No glitches abused (!)
  • No warps or passwords
(!) If the fast jumping isn't considered as a glitch.
I hope you enjoy the movie ;)

Truncated: Watched this and didn't see any reason why it shouldn't be published. Perhaps it motivates Sami a little to get his act together too.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #981: Brushy's NES M.C. Kids "all levels" in 26:25.12
Former player
Not bad, you can see the improvement over the currently submitted version. Yes vote from me, I liked especially how you fell down the hole on ronald secret stage 2 after you went through the goal :)
Player (34)
Nice run. I've never played the game before, but the looks of it look VERY hard since the jumping seems to be very sensitive. o.o; In any case, good job. <3 Looks very speedy. Oh, and
Atma wrote:
I liked especially how you fell down the hole on ronald secret stage 2 after you went through the goal :)
^^
我々を待ち受けなさい。
Banned User, Former player
Wow. All that work, and all you get is a crappy 10 lives. Whopee. Anyway, it was a good waste of my time, so I'm voting yes... though it makes you wonder what this game would be like if it wasn't completely funded by McDonalds as a cheap ploy to get you to go there. :P
Perma-banned
Active player (277)
Uh... The same thing, but without the Ms and McDonaldLand characters?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
One of the creators has a couple blog entries about it. Three people made it - two programmers and an artist - and it ended up being one of my favorite NES games.
Former player
I voting "Meh" because i found couple of parts what can do better. Also i was planning do v2 run of this when i finished dkc2 102%
Current Projects: ???
Player (223)
Is it 100% if you didn't do the bonus stage? (Dunno what it is though)
<adelikat> I've been quoted with worse
Former player
Bablo wrote:
Is it 100% if you didn't do the bonus stage? (Dunno what it is though)
Well, this is kinda 100% because I collect all the cards and visit all the levels, including secret levels. Bonus stage only slows you down and Sami didn't visit all bonus stages in his run, only the one he had to go.
Player (223)
In that case I'm voting yes, but it still looks improvable.
<adelikat> I've been quoted with worse
Former player
The bonus stages you talk about aren't actual levels but more like mini-games, so it's okay not to visit them.
I think, this is a very underrated game and I love it! I have seen some speedruns of that game already, but in my opinion, you could release this, as well!
Encoded. Publishers, msg me (preferably through irc) to get the .avi.
Which run should I encode next? :)
Kapow wrote:
One of the creators has a couple blog entries about it. Three people made it - two programmers and an artist - and it ended up being one of my favorite NES games.
That article you linked to is very interesting reading, even though for today's standards, it's outdated, but it gives a real in-depth look at how the games were made back then.
Phear my uber gimpyness!
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
I could have sworn I voted. Now I have. With "yes".
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [561] NES M.C. Kids "all levels" by Brushy in 26:25.12
Active player (432)
Thought Guybrush and others might be interested in this :) http://www.screwattack.com/Flash%20HTML/ANN/MC/mckidsintro.html
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Former player
Haha! That was really funny :D
Current Projects: ???