Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Recorded with FCEU 0.98.13
  • Luck manipulation
  • Fastest time to get the CPU bankrupt
40 frames faster than hero of the day's (or 72 from my last one) ... the Monopoly war is not over!
This was already planned since a few days, when Phil was himself improving it by 1 second (just unable to get the last turn to work) and we talked about it together. Two new things were found:
  • When entering the player's name, the random values change differently, so waiting there also gives different results for the cards, allowing better manipulation. Entering the default "Player 1" as fast as possible just happened to be significantly faster than using 1 more frame for "P", but I'm now 10 frames faster.
  • A third way to manipulate the dice (which Phil found before me) is to wait at the end of the previous turn, allowing to save a few more frames.
I also finally gave Arthur a break and decided it'd be Erwin's turn to lose, but that's only a visual change ...
Manipulating the last turn took many tries as usual, but I ended up getting a faster winning timing than last time as well.

Bisqwit: Rejected in favor of a faster one.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1006: Acmlm's NES Monopoly in 00:31.12
Former player
I'm surprised that even with the runs as fast as they are that the monopoly wars are still continuing. Y'all never cease to surprise me. Good job. :)
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
I just had to post this: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20041018 I doubt you guys can beat the real champ ;)
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Player (88)
Congrats man. Perfection is very close now, for this strategy at least. But lets hope this war never ends.
They're off to find the hero of the day...
Tub
Just when I thought you were done.. now that's it, I refuse to vote on any more monopoly submission until there has been a full week without improvements. :p
m00
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
that comic is really poor i couldn't make sense out of it, not to mention that i didn't know what order to read the images... about the movie, i'm impressed... how low can you guys go? :)
Active player (277)
i didn't know women had upper bodies that small
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
FODA wrote:
that comic is really poor
No it's not. But you might be interested to know the style has improved since then.
FODA wrote:
i couldn't make sense out of it, not to mention that i didn't know what order to read the images...
1 2 3 4 To fully understand you need to read the few before.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Former player
I thought it was funny, although I guess I knew which order to read them in. :)
now that's it, I refuse to vote on any more monopoly submission until there has been a full week without improvements. :p
Hmmm... isn't that what happened during the last Monopoly wars? Hehehe...
Active player (410)
Like acmlm said, I could have submited a movie that is little more than 1 second faster than his old version. I didn't get that 3+3 and 1+2 and got bored to load the movie every one frame. I gave my movie to him if he wanted to continue it. He restarted it with hints I gave him.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
i didn't know women had upper bodies that small
, or talked that little!
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Player (104)
hero of the day wrote:
Congrats man. Perfection is very close now, for this strategy at least. But lets hope this war never ends.
Unless someone can find a better strategy, I would think it's pretty much close to perfection. There's only a certain number of frames it is possible to lose...If I've been fallowing right, it looks like you guys have saved about 20 frames more then you though there possibly was to save?
Soft Blue Dragon
Experienced player (527)
I said 70 and 42 frames in my previous one, but that's without counting the better dice manipulation, and I counted the end delay wrong (7+42, so 49) ... Here's the luck manipulation delays, if I counted them right: Old: - Cards: 0+69 frames - 1st turn: 0+6, 0+0, 2 - 2nd turn: 4, 0+9, 0+4 - End: 7+42 Total = 143 hero of the day's: - Cards: 0+23 - 1st turn: 0+6, 0+0, 2 - 2nd turn: 4, 0+9, 0+4 - End: 5+58 Total = 111 (same as above, but with "Player 1" and an earlier (and slower) winning timing at the end) New: - Cards: 8+5 - 1st turn: 4+0, 0+6, 2 - 2nd turn: 4, 1+3, 0+2 - End: 29+7 Total = 71 With how much of an improvement this new one did, it'll be harder to do better, but I'm sure a few more frames can still be gained ... Since each roll being affected in so many ways (3 timings + previous turns), that leaves too many combinations to test to find the best one.
Active player (410)
Maybe a bot would be able to improve it.
I guess it's time for BisqwitMonopolyBot! =P
Banned User, Former player
CoolBumpty wrote:
I guess it's time for BisqwitMonopolyBot! =P
MonoBisq. (heh) [[edit: irc notices be damned.]] Instead of brute-forcing it ala the old, traditional route, simply finding out the various timings and randomize functions would be faster, then having a program barf out various frame timings and whatever; faster than a bot (well, maybe) and easier... that is, if you have the time and required NES ASM skills. While this approach is more practical, simply letting BisqBot/MonoBisq hack away at it would probably just be easier, as it's already there.
Perma-banned
Former player
HAHA!! That's all I can say.
Let's give a big applause too monoply wars! hope it's not over. too all other monoply players: Don't Give Up!! Oh and nice run. "thumbs up"
Active player (253)
As usual, I'm the only one who doesn't find this amusing. Instead of this submit-every-two-days competition crap, why not just pool your skills, take your time, and submit the absolute fastest run possible?
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Active player (277)
Or maybe you should learn to find it amusing!
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Active player (410)
atro city: yeah yeah, big mouth but too lame to try himself.
Player (84)
You tell him Sir Phil!
Active player (253)
Why would I waste my time with this? Because you decided to turn this into a pointless debate (on some pretty stupid grounds, I might add...if everyone had to do the runs themselves to prove a trivial point, there wouldn't even be a Workbench forum for people to give advice)? You're just swinging and hoping you hit something.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Player (84)
Hes already hit a homerun. IMO, This movie shows EXTREMELY NON human like play. Extremely difficult to do in person. People sent hours on playin this game, while it can be beaten in 31 seconds. This is very short, and it does not lose the viewer. I don;t see why you have a problem with this game atro city.
Active player (253)
I don't have a problem with the game. I don't even have a problem with the run. What I do have a problem with is this so-called war. Instead of submitting every single improvement, why not just see if you can do it faster before submitting it?