Recorded with vba rerecording version 17.1
Goals of this movie:
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes no damage
  • Manipulates luck
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Uses SRAM to unlock Julius mode
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, played using Julius mode (unlocked via SRAM generated by the currently published TAS).
One of the first things you may notice about this TAS is that I choose the normal mode over hard mode. In this game, hard mode doesn't add anything to the viewer entertainment side of things, and simply serves to make enemies/bosses take more hits to kill, which I dont think would be overly enjoyable to watch (a hard mode run killing an extra boss would still have a graham fight as long as the one present in this TAS).
The overall goal of Julius mode is pretty much to kill Graham, and you can actually achieve this without even killing a single boss. However, doing so means you do a grand total of 1 damage per hit against him, which means it would take one hell of a long time to kill him.
Each boss you kill (and orb you grab) as Julius adds to your overall power, and the more you kill the stronger you get. In this TAS I kill 2 bosses, Creaking Skull and Headhunter, for a grand total of 2 powerups.
In this run, as opposed to the previous 2 submissions, I dont use any major glitches (just a weird one I found relating to the super jump, I have no idea how it actually works though), but it turns out faster to kill headhunter despite it having 3 forms. Personally, I thought sneak attacking Manticore looked cooler though.
After Headhunter, its pretty much direct to Graham, as deviating for a third boss, while decreasing the Graham fight time itself, adds up to be considerably longer (this is roughly 2 minutes 6 seconds faster than a test I did where I also fought Death, and 26 seconds faster than the previous attempt).
This is the final one I swear. Hope you enjoy :)
Thanks go out to Zurreco for pointing out that glitch a while back, those on IRC who commented on it, and Bisqwit for allowing me to use SRAM in this case.

Nach: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This is quite an improvement but you're still not kicking a lot :p.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [508] GBA Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow "Julius mode" by Atma in 05:53.17
This has been published terribly fast. Not that i don't like Atma's run, but add up the fact that this movie has only gotten 4 votes so far. There are runs that have been pending to be published for a long, long time (which have high vote-ratings too) so that's a bit.... unfair towards all those other movies. That aside, i can see most of the people voted yes too quickly on your previous submission. This movie is indeed a good improvement but like KDR_11k said, i'd like to see/hear about how much more you could've used the kicking move.
http://www.megazpeed.com - THE site for the ultimate MegaMan Zero superplay movies.
Well, I liked the earlier movie, this is more impressive than that. YES.
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
McBAIN wrote:
This has been published terribly fast. Not that i don't like Atma's run, but add up the fact that this movie has only gotten 4 votes so far.
Consider that the previous one got 10+, this would get those if people got around to watching it.
McBAIN wrote:
There are runs that have been pending to be published for a long, long time (which have high vote-ratings too) so that's a bit.... unfair towards all those other movies.
No it's not. It's easier to encode and distribute shorter movies.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.