Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • FCEU 0.98.15
  • Uses Passwords
  • Doesn't take hit
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Plays at hardest difficulty
This movie completes Channel X as fast as possible. Channel X can be accesed by waiting about 3 minutes and 10 seconds after the normal game is completed. In this movie I get to channel X by entering a password.
The movie
Entering the password might seem a little strange (slow), but this is due to the fact that you can only move the cursor every 3-4 frames, and after entering something, you can't movie the following 9 frames. I could write a lot about the rest of the movie, but the movie speaks for itself I think. Even if you don't know the game, I'd still recommend watching it, the movie is very well suited for tasing.

Cancelling this. AnS will make a better version.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1049: Baxter's NES Rockin' Kats in 01:06.03
Skilled player (1402)
Why this movie of Channel X? The current full movie of Rockin' Kats doesn't include Channel X. If it did you'd have to wait about 3 minutes and 10 seconds before it shows up after the movie ended. Most people probably won't even notice it. This movie reminds me a little of 2 movies: - Legend of Zelda (seconds quest): both have another harder version of the game after the credits are over. Both movies use a password (entering ZELDA as your name) to acces it. - Adventure of Lolo 2 (Pro levels): both provide a shorter, and a lot harder (for regular playing) version of the game. Does Rockin' Kats need/deserve two movies? Imo, the game is great, and it's perfectly suited for tasing, and doing Channel X after the normal game seems to me like doing zelda's second quest right after the first.
Player (223)
Yeah, it is a good idea to do a separate movie of Channel X. Pretty nice. Voting yes. Now do the full version. :)
<adelikat> I've been quoted with worse
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Yeah, the other version of this definitely needs an improvement. *plot plot plot*
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Former player
Great work Baxter! It was fun little run. I'll second Bablo and JXQ: This game needs a better full run! Oh by the way, voted YES.
Active player (277)
Eh, I think it's better if you play Channel X when you're supposed to... But then, I'm the one who wants to see the Genesis Mega Rock Man four-pack thing done completely rather than with just the new game.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
short & sweet. As silly of a concept as "rockin kats" is, it makes for awsome TASes. Voted Yes. Good job Baxter
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
Yeah, this game is destined for TASes. IMO, game with such unique gameplay deserves two runs on this site. This little version seems like preview for bigger one. Also it would be the littlest movie (with AVI size less than 2Mb) anyone can download in a wink. (especially good for first-time viewers, because it shows real meaning of TAS) Although it can be improved a little bit... I'll post details in Rockin' Kats topic.
Skilled player (1402)
AnS wrote:
Although it can be improved a little bit... I'll post details in Rockin' Kats topic.
I replied to this at that topic.
Active player (410)
Ans: No, Monopoly is the shortest movie.
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
Phil wrote:
Ans: No, Monopoly is the shortest movie.
Yes, but I meant genres that are more common to video-game definition. To my mind, clear nature of TASes can be felt only while watching platformer/action speedrun. This opinion comes from the word 'ninja', used frequently here. It's little strange to call someone ninja for precise dice-throwing or perfect memory value manipuletion. I highly respect all the work behind Monopoly (brute force after reverse engineering - that's what I call perfect solution), but this just doesn't suit my expectations of tool-assisted speedrun. From speedrun I expect a lot of fast-paced tricks allowing character to fly (literally and sometimes actually), when screen scrolls forward without slowing for a frame. That's what I wish to see having shortest TAS here.