Submission Text Full Submission Page
Talespin
Total: 17:26 min 62763 frames
The game is based on disneys tv serie tailspin. I have alway like this game so i made a run.
  • fceu-0.98.15
  • Takes no damage
  • Does not abuse programming errors
  • Does not manipulate luck
  • No warps or passwords

adelikat: Rejecting to due poor game choice and sloppy play. Typically autoscrollers make poor TAS choices. The ones that are good usually present something interesting/unexpected or are at least fast paced and very difficult. Refer to the Guidelines for both tips on game choice and ways to improve your runs. Post works in progress on the forums for ideas and feedback from others on how to improve your runs.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1106: macK's NES Talespin in 17:26.05
Banned User, Former player
A game filled with nothing but boring auto-scrollers, even more boring bosses, and long "JORB WELL DONE" screens? Considering that most of the upgrades seem to be useless ("Rapid Fire" even though no boss I saw in the 40000 or so frames I could stand this game had short invincibility periods), you could/should've just dodged all the bonuses... That and I noticed a few playing mistakes (hitting walls when moving, etc) but they don't matter since this is a huge boring autoscroller. Voting no.
Perma-banned
Former player
This really brings back memories. I loved this game as a kid. Anyway, your movie is very low quality. Here's why:
    First, you shouldn't have collected the money because it doesn't add anything to the movie but makes the score screen last a lot longer. Second, the constant spinning in the vertical sections gets real annoying real fast. Third, the level 3 boss should've been manipulated into coming down more often. Fourth, in level 5 (the construction yard) after a veritcal climb you collect some chests and don't get the screen moving as early as possible. Fifth (this is the biggest mistake you made), the boss battles look extremely bad. You don't shoot the bosses as soon as possible, you sometimes wait long periods of time before shooting again. You should be sure to shoot the boss exactly as he stops blinking and becomes vulnerable again.
I only watched up to level 7 or so but I'm with Xkeeper on this. Even though the game is extremely fun to play, it's not so fun to watch, mostly because it's very slow. I don't think anyone should attempt to make a TAS of it.
Skilled player (1402)
Indeed, it sure brings back memories. Don't know if it's still fun to play, but I enjoyed it a lot as a kid. As for TASing this game... I don't think I'll ever vote yes to a movie made on this game. Like stated before, it's simply boring. However, I'm not voting no for this reason. The bosses (the only part where you can actually save time on a regular speedrun) were played very bad. It looked like they were played at 100% speed with very little rerecords. Therefor, voting no. (also, the rapid turning of the plain was annoying, since it messed up the sound).
Former player
I have to vote no, reasons listed in above posts.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
Voting No for the reasons already stated Due to being a slow paced auto-scroller this game isn't suitable for TASing. In addition the run has a lot of places for improvent. Not getting money & bonuses alone could shave a minute off the in-between level animations. The spinning was cool in the boss fight with the giant baseball. Everywhere else it got old fast. Use things like that sparingly.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
this is a lazy tas, even my old wr beat this time wtf