Summary

Aims for fastest time

Manipulates luck

Abuses programming errors

Takes damage to save time.

Well, it was time to improve our published run. This version ended up being 1294 frames / 21.5 seconds faster.
Some tricks/techniques:
  1. There is a weird glitch in some rooms where the weapon select screen is unusually slow. We missed this the first time which costs some frames. It only happens while mega man slides. Seems like somehow the "frames until done sliding" is added to the black screen of the weapon menu. Weird.
  2. Corrected mistakes such as not using the ladder glitch at the beginning levels, better blizzard and flame man fights and general lag reduction.
  3. Even better weapon optimization
  4. Other small miscellaneous stuff, better precision, and general ass-kicking.
Enjoy.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1127: adelikat & AngerFist's NES Mega Man 6 in 31:12.33
Looking good. Voting yes but then again it's a meggie improvement so our votes won't matter either way :p.
the sound is desynching for me.. dunno how! edit: buffer size =/ good run, voting yes
Voted yes, though the only improvements I can see are the flame man and blizzard man fights. Still, it is a very well-optimized run on a moderately entertaining game so it deserves a yes vote.
Yes, of course. But one question: Why two inputs during boss-fights?
Skilled player (1885)
I throw in another YES to this. A good improvement over the currently published movie, I had no idea that the MM6 TAS could be improved this much. Great job, really entertaining and high quality TAS! :)
Former player
Good job! I honestly can't spot any significant improvements. Also it's really nice to see that almost all of my initial tactics made it to this version as well, I guess there's not too many things to do differently in this game. It's just a shame that so many weapon switches had to be sacrificed for a better time. And I'd still like to see an improved no-damage version but I guess you can't always have everything :)
Player (223)
I liked the lag-killing. I guess you found out it's slower to move when using jet. Voted yes.
<adelikat> I've been quoted with worse
Skilled player (1402)
Nice improvement A&A :) Yes vote of course ;)
Former player
Nice movie! It's always fun see new Mega Man TAS ;) Voting Yes :)
Current Projects: ???
Former player
Never thought this could be improved this much, great job!
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
BOOOOOOOOORING. Voting no. Edit: Accidentally voted yes. Oh well ;)
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Former player
Great movie, good improvement, great game... Voted no... ^_^v
Not more working on: DKC3 105% < Needs modified Nitsuja Snes9x+9, with reset recording.
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
Good job. This game is still interesting enough to TAS, for you guys at least. Voting yes.
Player (88)
This is a great improvement to an already awesome run, voting yes. Good job A&A!
They're off to find the hero of the day...
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [565] NES Mega Man 6 by AngerFist & adelikat in 31:12.33
Awesome run! In Knight Man's stage, right after the long room with the spiked ceiling that moves up and down, it looks like there is a series of a couple rooms where you could save a lot of climbing time (plus be able to fly up through a room instead of going the long way around) if you used the jet adaptor. IIRC you can't slide while equipped with that equipped though, so maybe you already checked it and it's slower. Just an idea. :)
Active player (432)
daverd wrote:
Awesome run! In Knight Man's stage, right after the long room with the spiked ceiling that moves up and down, it looks like there is a series of a couple rooms where you could save a lot of climbing time (plus be able to fly up through a room instead of going the long way around) if you used the jet adaptor. IIRC you can't slide while equipped with that equipped though, so maybe you already checked it and it's slower. Just an idea. :)
Yes daverd my man, it is slower to switch to Rush Jet Adaptor :) Switching in this game takes awful a lot of time. Edit: It was a while when I used to thank a encoder encoding my runs so thank you Bisqwit :)
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P