Emulator used: Gens 9h
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Uses no passwords
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
  • Genre: Platform
Preamble
Once Buster Bunny and his friends were cleaning up a room in the warehouse of Acme Looniversity. They noticed a piece of paper turned out to be a very old treasure map. But Montana Max took it away from Buster and got Dr. Gene Splicer to help him search for the treasure. Buster's friends were brainwashed or kidnapped by mad scientist and he has to rescue them, then to find the treasure and stop Montana Max.
Game description
This is a nice platform game about Buster Bunny and his friends. It's not as fast as Sonic, but you'll enjoy it!
Some words about the movie
This is a second version of my movie (the first one was not submitted) and it's improved by 1370 frames (almost 23 seconds) comparing to the first version. Every level excepting bosses with no luck-manipulation was worked for some time and has improved tactics.
Manipultaion of luck
It seems there are only 3 bosses that really need your manipulation to have been beatean quicker:
  • It's boss with Dizzy Devil - you may lost a lot of time waiting Dizzy to stay on the ground before your dialogue
  • Boss with Calamity Coyote - time when the mad scientist appears from box depends on the random counter
  • And Montana Max at the first time
Errors
  • In the 4th level of forest small part but not the whole left side of screen is a wall which allows you to reach Gogo Dodo much more earlier
  • In the second level after Hamton you may see Buster standing on the stakes but taking no damage. It was difficult to catch this moment
  • And some programmer's defect that is shown in the battle in blue caves and the last battle - Buster's moving back to front (more games have such a defect). I showed it only for entertainment
Also I found two bugs that are not shown in this movie because they make it longer:
  • If Montana Max appears at the bottom of the screen (the ship level) in “empty” section and you hit him too early, he get stuck and can't go back to water
  • At the level with Hamton if you hit mad scientist first time too early, he'll fly to the ceiling!

Truncated: Not a lot of feedback on this one, but the feedback we have is unanimously positive. I also think it is entertaining and it looks well played. Therefore, accepting for publication!

adelikat: Processing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Active player (253)
23 seconds faster, alternate routes used, and a moonwalking Buster Bunny. What more could you ask for? Obvious yes vote.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcuV2JdaBYY]Streets of Rage 3 (2 players)[/url]
Active player (432)
Must say, it looks very well done. You maintained your speed throughout the whole run. Even though Im much more familiar with the SNES version, this Sega Genesis version did not look bad at all. Good job, voting yes.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Former player
Dark Fulgore are making a TAS of this game too. So, i'll not voting until see his version too. But you made a great work. Congratulations. :)
Not more working on: DKC3 105% < Needs modified Nitsuja Snes9x+9, with reset recording.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
I've just spoken to him, and he gave up on his movie. He knows a few mistakes on this movie, but nothing too fancy. He asked me if he should make the movie knowing that it'd be just 1 second faster than this one and i said that if it'd look like a copy of this one, then he shouldn't.
Former player
atro city wrote:
23 seconds faster
Don't pay attention to this time cuz nobody's seen the 1st version. I could not to mention it in the comments, but if you want to see it, I can upload it.
FODA wrote:
He knows a few mistakes on this movie
If there are any mistakes I think this movie can be improved ;)
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
TinyToon games are always fun to watch, and the run appears to be very well done. The only thing to note is that you could jump before falling straight down (in such levels as 1-2) and (maybe) save some frames because of gravity acceleration. But it's hard to say whether it would help in this game or not at all - the character gets max. falling speed very fast after beginning. While there are cases of taking damage to save time, there's also quite a bunch of times when I was sure that Buster'll bump into an obstacle right now, but somehow he manages to leap every time. Great. Voting yes with pleasure. :)
Player (80)
Looks like a good improvement over the previous submission. The use of bugs for entertainment was good too.
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [758] Genesis Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure by GManiac in 19:40.85
Player (29)
I only see a teal screen. :( edit: I restarted the media player and got it to work. Very entertaining, yes vote.
"The way to move out of judgment is to move into gratitude." — Neale Donald Walsch DannyLilithborne on IRC