Submission Text Full Submission Page
Made on FCE Ultra. 1 player. This is demonstration of how fast I can complete this game without any death, and as fast as I can (nearly 17 min, I plused to original time some pauses). Without any cheats and modifications. Maybe this game is not difficult very much, but generally it is not easy. The making of this movie was difficult, because in playing you're always under attack.

Bisqwit: Thank you for trying, but unfortunately this movie fails at several of the aspects mentioned at our Guidelines. Please try harder the next time :) (But choose another game, autoscrollers generally are a bad bet.)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1299: Remafer's NES Insector X in 17:44.68
Experienced player (612)
Not the best type of game to TAS. This movie is shabbly done. There is a lot of innaccuracy, use your rerecords, that is what they are for. Regardless if there was a spectacular run of this game I doubt that it would interest many here. With this being said, I vote no and wish you to do your best next time.
Active player (435)
Couldn't have said it better myself. I got about 2 1/2 minutes into this and was bored by the game itself, not to mention how poor the TAS was. Also voted No.
I'm sciencing as fast as I can ! ______________________________________ <adelikat> once more balls enter the picture, everything gets a lot more entertraining <adelikat> mmmmm yummy penises
Experienced player (612)
I happen to believe it was done in real time to a certain extent if not then the whole thing was done in real time. I also did not get very far into it before I realized it could be better from the get go. It also doesn't start up right away, I suggest you read the guidelines for Movie making, it's in the FAQ.
Sounds like he was just recording a normal speedrun. Sorry but those have to be done on a normal console to really prove you're using "no cheats" (pfft, yeah, like that's impossible to fake). Could possibly be one of those anti-TAS trolls but I won't accuse him unless there's a real reason to believe so.
Senior Moderator
An anti-TAS troll wouldn't make such a long run, let alone with rerecords. The movie is definitely misplaced though, read the FAQ-FAQcky-FAQuity-FAQ-FAQ.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
Even more important, read the Why and How. It appears the submitter did not read this page.
Former player
Didnt cut it for me too, looked too sloppy... too many issues to actually single out, but just didnt look like a video that could belong to the site. In my opinion, I dont really like TAS sidescrollers (so far only Morimoto's Gradius was entertaining enough to keep me to the whole movie) Unless a new dimension can be added to the way a standard sidescroller is being played, I am not quite sure I would actually give a YES...
Truncated wrote:
Truncated is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man. -- xoinx
Active player (435)
xoinx wrote:
Unless a new dimension can be added to the way a standard sidescroller is being played, I am not quite sure I would actually give a YES...
Like Star Fox 64? =)
I'm sciencing as fast as I can ! ______________________________________ <adelikat> once more balls enter the picture, everything gets a lot more entertraining <adelikat> mmmmm yummy penises
Former player
Deign wrote:
xoinx wrote:
Unless a new dimension can be added to the way a standard sidescroller is being played, I am not quite sure I would actually give a YES...
Like Star Fox 64? =)
Yes, Star Fox 64 is a rare autoscroller because it makes an awesome TAS. Vidar (Meepers) is doing a great job with it.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!