"Your mission: Save the captured princess Lala from the Great Devils evil empire!!! You are the only one who can save Lala."
By collecting every heartpiece in the room a treasure chest opens with a pearl inside. If you collect this pearl a door will open and you advance to the next level. This game contains 50 of these levels.
  • FCEU
  • Uses no passwords
  • Manipulates luck (enemy movement)
  • Abuses programming errors
This is my 6th (!) submission of this game, and once again hopefully the last. This submission wouldn't have been here without Hanzou. You'll see what I mean with this list of improvements:
  • Level 2-4, 87 frames (suggestion by Hanzou)
    • Uses a glitch which enables you to move on the left side of the Don Medusa.
  • Level 3-1, 312 frames (I optimized suggestion by Hanzou)
    • Uses a skull to block Medusa
  • Level 3-3, 1 frame
    • Shoots Leeper to avoid 1 frame pause.
  • Level 4-4, 16 frames (suggestion by Hanzou)
    • Traps Don Medusa on other side, avoiding it by standing on heart.
  • Level 6-3, 200 frames (I optimized suggestion by Hanzou).
    • Uses leeper to block Medusa, skipping a wait.
  • Level 9-5, 32 frames
    • More efficient route.
  • Level 10-1, 1209 frames (I optimized suggestion by Hanzou)
    • Uses a different way to use blocks, taking more risk at the Don Medusa, and completing the level with skulls running wild.
  • Level 10-2, 144 frames (I optimized suggestion by Hanzou)
    • Plays the level more efficient, without blocking the Golma.
  • Level 10-3, 32 frames (suggestion by Hanzou)
    • Better strategy, involving a one frame wait to make the eggs sink sooner.
As you can see by this. Basically all improvements came from suggestions by Hanzou! Many, many thanks.
If you add all these frames you will get a total of 2033 frames faster than the previous run, which is almost 34 seconds.
I for one never thought this was possible to my last submission. I never even suspected a sub 23 minute was possible, but this is nearly 17 seconds sub 23 minutes. The improvements involve making better use of the enemies, and the randomness, and should make the movie more entertaining than the previous one.
Once again: I hope this will be the last version ever!

Truncated: Good improvement to a published run, and it looks overall polished. Accepting.
Bisqwit: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1356: Baxter's NES Adventures of Lolo in 22:43.58
Senior Moderator
Wow. I have an impression that this game is not just hard, it is very very hard. Probably one of those overly long arcade/puzzle games only die-hard gamers bothered to complete back in the NES days, along with Battle City and the likes. I had no idea of what was going on in the movie. Yes, it was fairly obvious that you must collect the heartpieces, then the pearl, and then proceed to the exit. what I completely didn't understand is those long and tedious block arrangement which didn't bear any noticeable benefit (especially when near those medusa heads), since all the enemies vanished when you touched the pearl anyway. I also noticed that about 2/3 of the times you moved those blocks exactly on the grid squares, while in the rest of the cases you didn't finish moving them exactly on the grid, and left them overlapping two squares, which probably was enough for your causes. Maybe more time could be saved by doing that? Another thing I didn't understand is the reason why all the monsters of the level are usually standing still, but start moving only after you pick up one of the heartpieces (not always the first one on your way, IIRC) or something like that. Oh, and the heartpieces also blinked, and yet again I didn't know why. I feel obligated to vote yes for such an impressive improvement, but still would like having at least some of my questions answered (though I probably need to play this game to understand everything).
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
moozooh: I think it helps just to play the game for a few minutes, but here are some explanations anyway: >what I completely didn't understand is those long and tedious block arrangement which didn't bear any noticeable benefit Some enemies kill merely by having line of sight. >... left them overlapping two squares, ... Maybe more time could be saved by doing that? It's not impossible that Baxter missed half a square somewhere, but minimizing travel length has been a well known factor in the TASes for this game. >Another thing I didn't understand is the reason why all the monsters of the level are usually standing still, but start moving only after you pick up one of the heartpieces (not always the first one on your way, IIRC) or something like that. They usually start moving when you get the last heart piece, to stop you from getting the pearl. Baxter: Will watch and judge soon.
Skilled player (1402)
To Moozooh: I think Truncated answered everything... but playing the game would really help you understand.
moozooh wrote:
I also noticed that about 2/3 of the times you moved those blocks exactly on the grid squares, while in the rest of the cases you didn't finish moving them exactly on the grid, and left them overlapping two squares, which probably was enough for your causes. Maybe more time could be saved by doing that?
I sometimes moved them on the full square when it didn't matter anyway for the time. I didn't lose any time by this. But again, to understand the levels better, I'd suggest playing some of them, you might appreciate the routes taken in this TAS more if you have completed them non tool assisted.
Truncated wrote:
It's not impossible that Baxter missed half a square somewhere
I can't say it's impossible, since I theoretically could be proven wrong when saying that... but I'd say it's highly unlikely. I think it's unlikely because it's the sixth version of this tas. The improvements in this run didn't really involve missed squares in previous routes, it involved mostly using enemies more efficiently.
Truncated wrote:
Baxter: Will watch and judge soon.
Cool.
Active player (432)
Very nice improvement my man. Easy yes vote.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Active player (277)
moozooh wrote:
Wow. I have an impression that this game is not just hard, it is very very hard. Probably one of those overly long arcade/puzzle games only die-hard gamers bothered to complete back in the NES days, along with Battle City and the likes.
And I actually found this to be one of the easiest of all the Lolo games.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Not a big fan of lolo for a TAS, although I loved the game. It's a big improvement though, so yes from me.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [751] NES Adventures of Lolo by Baxter in 22:43.58
bravo, awesome work and all that jazz... yes vote.
Ryzen 3700X, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard, 32GB 3600MHz RAM, MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB, Windows 10 Pro x64 http://tasvideos.org/Nach/FranpaAlert.html
how was this movie "updated"? what changed for it? the time is the same altho its description says its a minute and half better then the last one which it isnt lol...
Ryzen 3700X, ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard, 32GB 3600MHz RAM, MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB, Windows 10 Pro x64 http://tasvideos.org/Nach/FranpaAlert.html
Skilled player (1402)
franpa wrote:
how was this movie "updated"? what changed for it? the time is the same altho its description says its a minute and half better then the last one which it isnt lol...
I thought I heard Bisqwit say he replaced the fcm with the same fcm because the fcm link didn't work (or something, I'm probably wrong). Either way, it's still the same movie, and the half minute faster refers to the previous version of the movie (the one completed in 23:17).
Apparently, the .fcm published was not an .fcm but a .zip inside a .zip. It's been replaced to actually be an .fcm now.
Player (29)
Geez, you made this game look like nothing. I tried to play this game and kinda just gave up around the fourth level. Gotta love the final boss "battle". Easy ves vote.
"The way to move out of judgment is to move into gratitude." — Neale Donald Walsch DannyLilithborne on IRC