My 4th submission.
  • FCE Ultra 0.98.16
  • Aims for the fastest time possible
  • Manipulates luck
  • Length of movie: 04:07(14824frames)
Fantasy Zone is the transplant game of shooting from arcade. This game has characteristic system that can move right and left, and buys weapons at the shop. I used Japanese(Sunsoft) version because this is near the arcade version than USA(Tengen) version.
I hope you enjoy this movie!
Notes:
Stage 6: Even if what kind of weapons were used, only the same damage can be given to this boss. So I used normal shot, not used the bomb in this battle.

adelikat: Entertaining, not-so-well-known little game. Accepting for publication.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1364: hisatoki's NES Fantasy Zone in 04:07.07
Well now. The game is similar to autoscrollers, without actually being one, which in my book is a huge plus. Also, the author uses moves similar to that of the gradius movie. Anyway, it's 4 minutes long and has over ten boss battles (half of them repeated, granted), levels are done quickly and in determined fashion so I guess adequate planning was involved. And for the record, the ending text is pure win for a game with this much plot. :P With all this, I give it a yes.
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Hahaha what a strange game!! Very colorful, and some relaxing music. I had no clue what was going on most of the time, which is good. I have one question - what determines when the boss battles start?
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Player (206)
To Mr.JXQ The boss battles start when eight bases of enemy in each stage are destroyed and there is nothing(no enemy and coin) in the screen, too.
Skilled player (1402)
Wow, very entertaining. Yes vote.
Morrison
He/Him
Former player
Oh, I remember this game. It definitely has some enjoyable music and eye candy. Looks like a solid movie. Short and sweet, so I vote yes.
twitch.tv/Retrogaming2084
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Very fun little movie here! But that first level, I swear I recognize that music from somewhere, and my detective skills are making me think Phantasy Star IV. BRB.
Player (101)
Twisted Eye wrote:
Very fun little movie here! But that first level, I swear I recognize that music from somewhere, and my detective skills are making me think Phantasy Star IV. BRB.
Ever played Samba de Amigo, by any chance? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkA0q3UaQSs edit: god dammit, YouTube.
http://girlyyy.com/ The El Viento TAS is the only decent thing I submitted here.
Former player
I really like this game but I really don't like this version of it. Horrible, horrible music. The US version's music is a lot better....
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
Looks like a fun little game. Fast paced and no noticed mistakes. Makes me want to do a playthrough of the game. Yes vote.
Senior Moderator
Once again Hisatoki chooses a short, weird and obscure game, and kicks the hell out of it in no time. :D
Tombad wrote:
And for the record, the ending text is pure win for a game with this much plot. :P
Indeed!
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Player (206)
Boco wrote:
The US version's music is a lot better....
I think so, too! JPN version is good transplant of the systems, but the music is somewhat cheap.
Active player (277)
Hey, try listening to them together! http://www.box.net/public/782m32o415 It sounds like a funky chicken singing it. And does the boss music remind anyone else of the title music to R. C. Pro-Am Racing? I think the Tengen version is less difficult and has better color choices, although the Sunsoft version has better details. But I've only beaten one level so far.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
Yes vote
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [743] NES Fantasy Zone by hisatoki in 04:07.07
Ahhh, I remember playing this on my gamegear (what a waste that was). Very nice, just the other day I was trying to remember what this game was called.
Zucca
He/Him
Twisted Eye wrote:
PS IV, correct. P.S.: Somebody, seed.
trazz wrote:
Killing the skeletons sooner or letting the skeletons live (unlive?) won't affect that at all.
There should be an autoseeder that kicks in if nobody is seeding the torrent. Is this not happening for you?
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Zucca
He/Him
Yes. I eventually got it. :)
trazz wrote:
Killing the skeletons sooner or letting the skeletons live (unlive?) won't affect that at all.