Way to go for my 3rd TA run here... This movie was recorded with VisualBoy Advance 1.7.2 re-recording v10
features :
  • Aim for fastest time
  • Take damage to save time
  • Ignore semi-important goals in the game (such as S rank, or collecting cyber elves...)
  • (Ab)use programming errors in the game
  • Manipulate luck
After MMZ4 and MMZ3 this is MMZ2... this may not be the best suited for TA run of the MMZ series though as you have to level up your weapons in this game, i had to use some nice technique to dispose of the bosses quickly...
Well here are some of the mini-glitches I use in this run :
  • turn around slash (quite famous now)
  • Invincible to lava and spikes while swinging with the rod
  • Spikes are not deadly in Ourobockle's level when the wall at the end raises
The total in-game time is 21'50s according to the game clock... And according to the same clock here are the time I got for each level :
  • Intro/Scorpion Mechaniloid : 0'44s
  • Computer Zone/Polar Kamrous : 1'19s
  • Train Of N.A./Panther Flauclaws : 1'22s
  • Forest Of Dysis/Hyleg Ourobockle : 1'01s
  • Power Room/Phoenix Magnion : 1'07s
  • Assault On N.A./3 Golems : 0'45s
  • Aerial Stage/Kuwagust Anchus : 2'45s
  • Forest Of Notus/Burble Hekelot : 1'01s
  • Crystal Cave/Harpuia : 1'15s
  • Shuttle Factory/Fefnir : 1'03s
  • Computer Zone 2/Leviathan : 0'59s
  • N.A. Entrance/Rainbow Devil : 0'43s
  • Temple Of Fire/Fefnir 2 : 0'52s
  • Temple Of Ice/Leviathan 2 : 0'58s
  • Temple Of Air/Harpuia 2 : 0'54s
  • Final Stage/Elpizo : 3'03s
Some notes :
  • I had to stop the movie after the credits due to some dialogues after the credits...
  • The order of the bosses is NOT random... It allows the fastest levelling up for the weapon...
  • I was incredibly lucky that I got the last level for the saber at the very beginning of the 2nd Fefnir battle... I could kill it quickly...
Credits : I'd like to thank McBain AND Mike Uyama for their very useful advice (especially the boomerang trick, thanks a lot Mike) and for cheering me on this run and every one who wanted me to finish it...
that's all I hope you'll enjoy it !

adelikat: accepting for publication

Nach: Encoding

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1365: Xaphan's GBA Megaman Zero 2 in 59:17.97
Senior Moderator
Yes'd. This is a good run.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Former player
Yes vote like woah.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Obvious Yes. Great TAS on the best MMZ game. (imo)
Working on: Command and Conquer PSX Nod Campaign
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Three words. WINNER IS YOU.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Former player
I'm glad it's appreciated... Thank guys
Not dead yet... still very busy... damn...
Active player (432)
You became victorious dearest Xaphan. Very nice work. Feels really good to vote Yes! :)
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Former player
AngerFist... thx a lot really for all your congratulations... I am most grateful... I hope this run will have some more votes...
Very nice, overall good planning and playing, it was a bit long, but still managed to keep interesting. Only minor gripe I have is with the "cover me while I do blah" -mission where Ciel took a few hits. Anyway, yes.
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
Former player
Yeah.... I know that...... but as I explained before, this part is REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying to do and i miscalculated my timing at some moments... but I did not feel like doing it again... and it does not waste time...
Former player
In fact I have noticed that killing no enemies would be the faster than anything else : - Using the buster makes you kill more than 50 enemies unlocking the X form... So I lose the frames at the end of the level when it says that... - Using the saber makes the games stop at each hit, making me losing frames too... - Using the shield boomerang would have made me switch by pressing start... losing frames... So I guess the best way is to kill no enemies :D
A ridiculously well done run. A definite yes, if I could vote.
Former player
Why couldn't you ?
Former player
Xaphan wrote:
Why couldn't you ?
New users can't vote until *SECRET INFORMATION*
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
I did not say anything, but still I voted yes long ago ^^
Former player
Zurreco wrote:
Xaphan wrote:
Why couldn't you ?
New users can't vote until *SECRET INFORMATION*
Strange... I thought only lurkers couldn't vote ! And I'm happy it has been accepted... Though I'm longing for its publication, I'd be glad if some movies that have been accepted since a long time could be published (Such as Supper Happy's Astro Boy run)
Voted yes. Very nice run you have there (I especially like your elemental golem and phoenix magnion battles), but why didn't I get any credit for helping?
Former player
I guess I've totally forgotten.... I thought I did mention your name along with McBain, but I've noticed I did not... I deeply apologize for that mistake, And I'm going to correct that now... Once again sorry...
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Looks good. I setup my encode system, hopefully when I wake up tomorrow it'll be ready for publishing.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [750] GBA Mega Man Zero 2 by Xaphan in 59:17.97
You, sir, are a king amongst men.
Former player
Yeah, thanks Nach, it has been published for Christmas... Merry christmas everyone !!
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
No problem.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.