Just when I thought this run was perfect...
Thanks goes out to Matt Turk (MTPO console performance GOD) for a discovery to improve the Mr. Sandman fight. He discovered that a well timed dodge before his "sleeper" pattern will cause him to not delay but rather begin the punches immediately as he flashes. This is done both times he does this pattern. As a result, the clock time for this fight is lowered to 2:18.00 (instead of 2:19.00) and saves 32 frames in real time.
Like my previous runs this does not use the "cs glitch" and aims for the lowest in-game clock time as the #1 priority. As a secondary goal, it aims for the fastest real time when it does not conflict with goal #1.
(Note: the game clock pauses when ever you deliver an uppercut or a stunned punch, therefore a lowest clock-time strategy not only strives for fastest punches but also tries to maximize the amount of time the clock is stopped, therefore the fastest strategy isn't always the fastest in real time).
Here are the new final times:
  • Glass Joe: 0:42.00
  • Von Kaiser: 0:35.95
  • Piston Honda (I): 0:40.25
  • Don Flamenco (I): 0:14.97
  • King Hippo: 0:37.25
  • Great Tiger: 0:40.48
  • Bald Bull (I): 0:57.82
  • Piston Honda (II): 0:50.25
  • Soda Popinski: 0:45.61 (was 47.00)
  • Bald Bull (II): 1:08.97
  • Don Flamenco (II): 58.61 (was 58.99)
  • Mr. Sandman: 2:18.00
  • Super Macho Man: 0:45.25

adelikat: Probably bad etiquette to accept my own submission. However this is simply a "touch up" job on my current published run.

adelikat: processing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1377: adelikat's NES Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! in 17:50.00
Player (84)
Nice improvement once again. Great job. Gotta vote yes. Also, star this.
would vote yes if I could, this must be pretty close to perfect if its not already.
Active player (432)
Hehe good work adelikat. Hope this is the final version :) Voting yes.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Bisqwit wrote:
On this site, we make perfect movies, and then we surpass them. Of course, if we can surpass them, they were not perfect in the first place, but who would have known?
No need to say anything else, just vote yes :)
Skilled player (1670)
o_O Holy shit. I like.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [766] NES Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! by adelikat in 17:50.00
Hell yes.
Has never colored a dinosaur.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Aww, no magnet beams?
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Player (166)
Why isn't this thing starred?
Dwedit
He/Him
Which version of FCEU plays this? It desyncs for me at Glass Joe.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
I used FCEU .16 but it also syncs with FCEU .12. Haven't tried any of the others.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
In HD encode, subtitles on top of the audience are hard to read. SDs are fine because halo is so huge, but for HD, see how the 2 latest publications position the subs.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
fsvgm777
She/Her
Senior Publisher, Player (221)
Yeah, I feel the subs should be positioned on the mat (and the second set of subtitles be 4 lines).
Steam Community page - Cohost profile Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
Editor, Publisher, Player (46)
Redone HD encode: Link to video