Technical Information:

• Takes Damage to save Time
  • One player controls four characters
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Genre: platform

Game Description:

The goal of the game is to grab all the bones in the scene to advance to the next level. You need to kill a boss in every level in order to meet Freddy Kruger at the elm street high.

Playing strategy

The challenges while controlling four characters are:
  • choosing the best path for each character to give him an individual goal
  • avoid lag caused as soon as there are more than 6 elements on screen.
  • Bosses become more powerful
  • Avoid death (there are no health supplies, you can only get 3 hits)
  • Messing with 4 jump buttons, 4 punch buttons, 16 different directions plus 4 Select buttons.

Boss strategies:

The best way to kill the bosses is to use 4 athletes attacking at the same time, while the boss is hurt, it cant harm the characters by collision, this is a good way to stay as close as possible to hit them faster.

The making of this run:

My first attempt to do this run was months ago, the movie wasn’t accepted and I got a little bit disappointed, so I quited. Some days ago I decided to continue it, and at last I have finished it. Enjoy!

adelikat: Very impressive. Accepting for publication.

adelikat: Processing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Experienced player (612)
This is one of the greatest efforts put into a TAS I have ever seen! It's interesting to see one person control not 2, not 3, but 4 players! It doesn't look that bad with the lag and all, aside from that it seemed optimized to a good extent (having 4 characters can hold progressing through the level back, I assume and have seen). I liked how you made them look like they had to work together, that really ups the entertainment value. A definite yes vote and congratulations on really improving your Tool-Assisted Superplaying, you've done great work.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
After what, half a year of deafening silence you suddenly submit it? :D Congrats on the first 4-player TAS ever!
Skilled player (1885)
Hehe, this came as a surprise. Let me start by saying that I enjoyed watching this, and I found it very entertaining. Now to some feedback on the run itself: Generally, this run was of high quality. Knowing the game well, I couldn't spot any major mistakes that cost you time. On the other hand, it was hard keeping track of everything that went on, with 4 players running around. :P Not to mention how impressed I am that you actually managed to produce a 4 player TAS. I am very, very impressed by that. You also managed to create art without wasting time, such as jumping in different patterns before and after a boss. That looked nice. There were some small mistakes I could spot, such as walking instead of jumping down edges, and not using the "jump through roof" trick I use I my run. All in all, the lack of these small details cost about 2-3 seconds at most, I think. Another small complaint is the obvious lag. I am fully aware that you tried to minimize it, but even so, this 4 player run suffers from immense lag... It makes the run a little too slow. Do I think that this should be published? Yes, it being an impressive, entertaining and well done movie. However, I don't think that this should obsolete My run, because my run is 6172 frames (102.87 seconds) faster. I think that this should be published alongside the 1-player run. EDIT: Oh, and I voted Yes, of course. :)
Emulator Coder, Former player
Very very cool. Noticeable lag, but i guess that's to be expected. Congratulations man. Yes vote here.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Supoib!
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
I am very glad to see you make an improved version of this run. And almost 3 minutes faster! :) This was ver enjoyable to watch despite the heavy lag. I especially like how you went out of your way to make interesting pattern and designs in their movements. I suspect that theoretically, this run could be improved by about 30sec though in reailty it would probably be extremely difficult to optimize completely. I still think the run will be improved someday but this run is high enough quality and very entertaining. I will be accepting this for publication. Randil: No, this won't obsolete the 1p run unless an improved run was actually faster than it (which I doubt is possible). It will go along side it much like 1p & 2p runs of the same game.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Former player
Thanks for your comments and your votes, this is the kind of thing that pays off the effort of doing the movie. I would love to see this movie improved some day, i did my best but im sure it can be upgraded. One problem i got while doing it, is that, if you make a mistake and don't notice it soon, you'll end up having to start over again, because if you add or subtract even a little piece of movement, you lose the whole work, believe me, i tried it. let's see what happens with this version! i hope it gets published, and if it doesn't, at least you all enjoyed it, and that's enough for me.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
Lot of lags, it can't be helped, but 4 characters controlled at once is amazing. Yes vote.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [784] NES A Nightmare on Elm Street "4 Players" by chupapi in 16:15.75
Banned User, Former player
This movie was nuts.. I kind of liked the synchronized bouncing around, and seeing all characters have a purpose was nice :)
Perma-banned
Active player (422)
Wow. :) Thanks for that. So entertaining.
Skilled player (1086)
I enjoyed it, but there seemed to be so many places where you took damage and it appeared avoidable and didn't seem to save any time. That's my only real gripe, however, good job! That must've been a nightmare to make (no pun intended).
Former player
Mukki wrote:
I enjoyed it, but there seemed to be so many places where you took damage and it appeared avoidable and didn't seem to save any time. That's my only real gripe, however, good job! That must've been a nightmare to make (no pun intended).
yes, sometimes i took damage on propose to avoid further problems with this and that enemy, but you need to look at it slowly to see it more clearly.
Player (147)
Is there any way to calculate the time of the movie without the lag?
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
RT-55J wrote:
Is there any way to calculate the time of the movie without the lag?
Sure. watch the movie in frame advance with windows calculator open. Add 1 every time the screen doesn't update for a frame. Afterwards, subtract that number from the movie's frame count, and divide the result by 60 for the number of seconds.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
The YouTube Link only includes the first 10 minutes (part 1). You should add the second part too, don't forget.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
Player (147)
Now that all of our emulators have fancy lag counters (living in The Future is nice!), can somebody answer my previous question?
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
Skilled player (1885)
It shouldn't be hard to do this with a lua script, even without a lag counter. It sounds interesting enough for me to perhaps do it when I get home. On a related note, does anyone know if it is possible to fetch this lag counter value with a lua command? EDIT: I think I'm a little confused now - does the latest FCEUX have this lag counter? Or are we talking about Mednafen or something?
This is one of my favorite TASes on the site. It's like watching an incredibly skilled team of crack ninjas descend upon an enemy stronghold and raise perfectly coordinated hell. In other words, it's the NES version of action-movie perfection. :D