Submission Text Full Submission Page

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1507: FractalFusion's GBA Pokémon Sapphire in 1:36:46.10
Editor, Expert player (2459)
You are fast with the Pokemon games, FractalFukemon.
Player (34)
Aqfaq wrote:
the Pokemon games, FractalFukemon
Digimon has the naming scheme where all the monsters' names end with -mon.. not Pokemon. Just clearing that up. =] Would be odd to say that he's an expert at pokemon games while changing his name to that of a Digimon.
我々を待ち受けなさい。
My game always de-syncs at the very beginning... you dont even get past the "Internal battery has run dry" screen. My ROM and your movie's ROM match up, as well as my being able to play the previously posted Sapphire run just fine. Ideas?
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
I just got some random US rom off some site and ran it on vba v19 without messing with any settings and it played through to the end. Btw, yes vote.
ventuz
He/Him
Player (123)
I'd watch if I knew how to remove alternated ROM "this game is owned by <insert random people name>" "owned by" picture
Editor, Skilled player (1939)
If you get "Internal battery has run dry...", stop the movie and turn on real-time clock (under "Options", I think). For those who have the intro hack (Mugs) ROM, I made a patch from intro hack to the ROM used in this run: http://files.filefront.com/removeintrohackips/;6764764;;/fileinfo.html
FractalFusion: Works like a charm, thanks dude :) I will vote after watching this tomorrow.
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
Post subject: Re: #1507: FractalFusion's GBA Pokémon Sapphire in 1:36:46.1
N._Harmonik
She/Her
NesVideoAgent wrote:
The other difference is the legendary, the Water Pokémon Kyogre in Sapphire and the Fire/Ground Pokémon Groudon in Ruby.
Er... Actually, Groudon's a pure Ground-type. Why did you change the border? And is there any way to prevent that internal battery message from showing up near the beginning?
Why, oh, why do I even <i>try</i> to understand my own species?
N. Harmonik wrote:
NesVideoAgent wrote:
The other difference is the legendary, the Water Pokémon Kyogre in Sapphire and the Fire/Ground Pokémon Groudon in Ruby.
Er... Actually, Groudon's a pure Ground-type.
OK, thanks. That explains why Kyogre doesn't destroy Groudon. I somehow thought it was Fire/Ground. I don't know where I got the idea.
N. Harmonik wrote:
Why did you change the border? And is there any way to prevent that internal battery message from showing up near the beginning?
The border change was for stylistic reasons, like kirbymuncher did. As for the internal battery message, stop the movie and turn on real-time clock.
Former player
I watched this one, admittedly almost completely at 400%+, but because of that the pacing wasn't so bad and it didn't really get boring. This one gets a yes from me, since I managed to get it to play through perfectly the first time (I tried one of the wips a while back and it desynced on the mountain where you get the blue gem), and for a few other reasons that dont really need explaining. I didn't even notice battle animations were turned off until you whipped out "Z", at which point I thought "hmm, isn't there supposed to be a rain animation every turn?", and then noticed, after watching almost the entire run :P
Your skill at dodging trainers is unmatched. Yes vote for this, and many many other reasons as well ;)
adelikat wrote:
Bobmario511 wrote:
Player (36)
I have no time to watch it now, but I believe the Acro bike is a fast as running. Also, good job on another run.
Active player (277)
Vidar wrote:
Aqfaq wrote:
the Pokemon games, FractalFukemon
Digimon has the naming scheme where all the monsters' names end with -mon.. not Pokemon. Just clearing that up. =] Would be odd to say that he's an expert at pokemon games while changing his name to that of a Digimon.
Isn't Ditto's name Metamon?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
N._Harmonik
She/Her
FractalFusion wrote:
N. Harmonik wrote:
NesVideoAgent wrote:
Er... Actually, Groudon's a pure Ground-type.
OK, thanks. That explains why Kyogre doesn't destroy Groudon. I somehow thought it was Fire/Ground. I don't know where I got the idea.
N. Harmonik wrote:
Why did you change the border? And is there any way to prevent that internal battery message from showing up near the beginning?
The border change was for stylistic reasons, like kirbymuncher did. As for the internal battery message, stop the movie and turn on real-time clock.
What I meant is that is there any way to prevent the message from showing up for the purpose of making the movie as short as possible?
Why, oh, why do I even <i>try</i> to understand my own species?
The message doesn't show up if you turn on real-time clock in the VBA options. What more do you want?
N. Harmonik wrote:
FractalFusion wrote:
N. Harmonik wrote:
What I meant is that is there any way to prevent the message from showing up for the purpose of making the movie as short as possible?
Apart from using real-time clock, no. I guess Pokemon games aren't designed to run without the clock, so it just has to complain.
Bag Of Magic Food wrote:
Vidar wrote:
Digimon has the naming scheme where all the monsters' names end with -mon.. not Pokemon. Just clearing that up. =]
Isn't Ditto's name Metamon?
You're clever. I forgot that Ditto's name looks like a Digimon name.
Is anyone else getting an early desynch? After the player leaves Birch's lab to go find May, he gets into a random encounter in the grass. Looking at the input, that's probably not supposed to happen. It's happened twice consecutively. I'll try again, but I don't have high hopes. EDIT: Never mind. It would help if I were using the current version of VBA. Looks like I still had v17. Will watch and vote later.
This guy are sick.
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
About Pokérus: It does make the pokémon have significantly better stats. However, I think professor whatever calls you to blab about the virus. However, I think that might be only when you heal in a Pokémon center. It's theoretically possible to get Pokérus in the first rival battle, but I think the odds are 65,536 to 1. You would go mad luck-manipulating. Probably you would have to use Bisqbot, if it can be used for that.
I vote yes on this too...I liked the only trainer (I remember) which had to walk - the team Aqua member in the Weather building... Also is it just me or does the overworld sprite of the "leader" of team Aqua remind you of Silent Bob. (or Kevin Smith dressed like a pirate.)
Voted yes; looks really clean and there's some entertaining bits too (4444 money at the museum!) While I'm at it though, something did bug me. When swapping out the Quick Claw to Kyogre, you used Item->Take and then gave it by going all the way into the Item menu. Wouldn't it be faster to just select Kyogre and Item->Give?
Working on a mod of an old favorite in my spare time. PM for updates!
Time/SpaceMage wrote:
Voted yes; looks really clean and there's some entertaining bits too (4444 money at the museum!) While I'm at it though, something did bug me. When swapping out the Quick Claw to Kyogre, you used Item->Take and then gave it by going all the way into the Item menu. Wouldn't it be faster to just select Kyogre and Item->Give?
Thanks. I improved the submission by 2 seconds. Now I'm waiting for submission update. 4444 money? I never noticed that! (Even if I did, I didn't care). Edit: Forget it.
Why couldn't you manipulate more enemy misses into the battles, since it seems that for some Gym battles, especially Petalburg, that it would have been much faster than taking damage and healing?
100% moves don't miss, such as Facade. And enemies always use a move to knock you out if they can. I did try to get the second Slaking to use Focus Punch first, but it didn't work. I could have saved Mud-Slap, but decided it would take up too much room.