Improved it by one minute and ten seconds.
I have nothing else to say, really, except that this movie does not use death as a shortcut as the previous movie did. If you need more info, please ask me to write more. :)
Oh crap, while watching that the submission file worked, I noticed a possible improvement. Heh... need to test some more. Sorry. :)

Bisqwit: Author tests something, putting on delayed.
Bisqwit: Author came up with a faster version, putting back on new.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1557: Aqfaq's NES A Boy and His Blob in 02:09.03
KennyMan666
He/Him
...this game only gets weirder with each submission.
Det man inte har i begåvning får man ta ut i energi. "I think I need to get to Snoop Dogg's level of high to be able to research this post." -Samsara Read my fanfic, One Piece: Pure Corruption
Former player
It's even faster now!
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
<Lazy_Zefiris> Wait. wait-wait-wait... A Boy and His Blob improvement??? <Bisqwit> 75.2 seconds faster in total than the published version <Lazy_Zefiris> O.m.m.f.g. ... <Lazy_Zefiris> ...w...t...f...just happened? <Lazy_Zefiris> Wasn't that game... kind of... obliterated?.. /me has nothing else to say besides a yes vote.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [851] NES A Boy and His Blob by Aqfaq in 02:09.03
Former player
Holy shit that was fast publishing. I'll wach it soon enough. D:
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke
Senior Moderator
If you need more info, please ask me to write more.
How do you get the jellybeans for a rocket? EDIT: Okay, JXQ told me that you start with enough jellybeans but have to go underground for the rocket to work, a part that you somehow skip. And that is still unclear.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Active player (410)
Ladies and Gentlemen... A Boy and his Blood.
Did not notice that "please ask me to write more" at first, so... PLEASE explain all your timesavers ^__^
Active player (422)
Well done, sir.
Editor, Expert player (2460)
zefiris wrote:
PLEASE explain all your timesavers ^__^
Well, there's not much to explain, because the whole movie is a kind of a one big timesaver. The main difference is that I did not need to go down the sewer to pick up the key (lime-flavored jelly beans), because I did not go to the final room through the locked door. The rocket is available from the beginning, so I used it immediately. Then I just ran to the physical final room through the ground. (The graphics of the final room are located nearby, but are not needed.)
one more question... HOW did you find this final glitch?..
I thought going slightly below the ground was a known trick. When I found the strange glitch rooms, I just tested what effects the different jelly beans have there. By the way, I just realized that it may still improvable. Well, I did not ask Bisqwit to publish it so fast, but I'm sorry that I submitted it too early (twice!). Edit: No worries, I messed up my thinking. I'm not aware of any improvements anymore. Good luck for anyone who tries to beat it! Remember: If it has pixels, we can kill it!
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Where the f*** did this thing come from?! Wowsers. o_O
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Tub
The first runs of this game were interesting, showing a couple of tricks, a couple of bugs, some variety. Nothing too fancy, but the runs were short enough to keep me interested. At this point the run is just boring. A long rocket flight, hours of monotonous walking, a garbled screen, and then.. oh, it's over already? wtf happened, where's my action? Sure, this shortcut is a good find and surely interesting to anyone actually paying attention to the related forum topics, but what about a casual viewer unaware of the history? It makes me wonder if this game is still a good choice to TAS, and why our obsoletion system allowed a good run to be replaced with something like this. At this point I'd really vote for the first published run to obsolete this one, it was more entertaining. Yeah, die-hard fans of the game will disagree a lot, I'm aware of that. Maybe we need a bug-free run as the main category for this game, keeping the glitched run separate - like we did with AlttP and Link's Awakening?
m00
KennyMan666
He/Him
What I really think would be interesting to see is a 100% of this game.
Det man inte har i begåvning får man ta ut i energi. "I think I need to get to Snoop Dogg's level of high to be able to research this post." -Samsara Read my fanfic, One Piece: Pure Corruption
I somewhat agree with you, Tub. The previous movie was one of my favorites on the site, but the improved run feels different somehow.
Tub wrote:
Maybe we need a bug-free run as the main category for this game, keeping the glitched run separate - like we did with AlttP and Link's Awakening?
Good idea, but I think the other run would not need to restrict the use of bugs. There's the possibility for a 100% run, collecting all the 22 treasures, which would show most of the game regardless of the bugs used. That would be a very interesting run. (For the record, I'm not going to do it.)
This game seems a little dull for 2 runs to be warrented. I understand what you mean though, since this movie was rather boring.
Has never colored a dinosaur.
Banned User, Former player
Since the screenshot whoever published this picked was immensely boring, how about we change it to something that demonstrates an unexpected event? Immediately conveys that something changed without giving much away, as opposed to the current one, which is a screen everyone will see if they play the game.
Perma-banned
and to think, I thought this game was hard as hell as a kid...
I can't believe you can use the rocket that soon. And then... what the hell? This is just getting ridiculous. Submitted and published before I got home from work. You miss all the good stuff when you have a job.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Active player (432)
Once again you pick an awkward game :) Please keep them coming. I think you are destined to TAS these type of games and everyone expects you to do so. Congratulations findins these big timesavers. Yes vote.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
The weirdest TAS on the site gets even weirder.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Former player
I am impressed by how quickly this game can be beaten but, as already noted, there's not much to actually watch in this movie. Is there any way to disembark the rocket sooner to cut down on all the running?
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
feitclub wrote:
Is there any way to disembark the rocket sooner to cut down on all the running?
Even if there was a way to do that, it might not work so well, because there would be enemies to dodge. All the enemies disappear, if you throw a jelly bean through the left edge of the level (so that the boss room is loaded and there's no room for other objects to exist). I tried to fly the rocket back home and die during the flight to toss my dead body forwards, but it didn't work well either.