Submission Text Full Submission Page
Super Smash Brothers 64, Team Battle Time Attack Played on Mupen64 Re-Recording Aims for: Highest kill count in 3 minutes, no damage The run abuses luck to the fullest, however I didn't optimize this on purpose. What I hope to achieve with this submission is a concept which the community can compete against. Thus, to make it fun I am leaving this wide open for obsoleting.
So here is my concept:
Goal: Highest points in 3 minutes. (very simple, and very clear) Rules:
Team Time Battle, 3 Minutes.
1 Player vs 3 CPU Level 9
You may only open their (the cpus) window once, so if you want to luck manipulate then you will need to.
Random Level
You may want to also luck manipulate here.
Kill Kill Kill
Highest points win, followed by frame count, then date of submission. Frame count is: start of game -> Game Set frame
About this run: This run is more of a unoptimized concept, and I hope the idea sparks the imagination of the community as I see some great potential with this game (am I the only one?)... I want you to beat it, so I can turn around and beat YOUR improvement.
Please vote fairly, and give constructive feedback on the concept... :)
- okaygo

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1628: okaygo's N64 Super Smash Bros. in 03:34.98
Former player
Wow, that was repetitive and boring. Voting No in a heartbeat.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Goals are too arbitrary, kill count is affected by a lot of stuff including but not limited to time, level chosen, items, choice of characters, etc. Also there is a lot of suboptimal playing here. Voting no.
Borg Collective wrote:
Negotiation is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.
Player (36)
How many kills did it get, it desynched for me.
Former player
kirbymuncher wrote:
How many kills did it get, it desynched for me.
47, most of which came from the Homerun Bat.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Player (36)
Wow, I can see why it was repetitive.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
Aside a lot of other stuff I generally think there could of been far more kiils.
Against three Jigglypuffs on 200% damage, I've done 105 kills unassisted in 5:00 (though not without damage), relying on Falcon's back throw rather than any items. Kirby's U-air has also been cited as a fast source of kills. Of course, using Falcon and Jigglypuff would require spending a lot of prep time in 1P mode or unclean starting RAM. You might want to test--can Kirby's U-air kill other Kirbys in 200% mode? Otherwise, is there anything else fast enough to at least match 21 kills a minute against CPU Kirby?
Player (36)
DK's Down-b.
That's nice and effective except for one thing: it puts the opponents into the background, where you have to wait longer before they respawn compared to getting side kills.