Back is the kid who's bright green hair always matches his bright green vest, bright green sweatpants, and bright green slippers. Man, am I funny.
LevelFrames gainedReasons
131New damage recovery made the strong sword + 2 hits strategy fast enough to use on the boss
211Better damage taking
346Falling through the stairs, better damage taking, and reduced lag
413Reduced lag
523Reduced lag
6-183Better/more damage taking
6-211Better damage taking - more was saved, but the spikes are on a level-wide timer
7 (escape)26Better selection of when to take damage.
226 frames faster altogether. Sum of above numbers is not equal due to a frame rule between levels.
Shout out to Brushy cuz he liked this game. Thanks again to NrgSpoon for showing the game to me.

adelikat: Accepting for publication and encoding.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1744: JXQ's NES Moon Crystal in 08:39.82
Player (80)
If a good game, an improved time and a Super Metroid reference don't add up to a 'yes' vote, I don't know what does.
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
Skilled player (1670)
I vote yes because JXQ am smelling badly. Also voting yes due to the run being good enough.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Dwedit
He/Him
If you play it on the english hacked rom, it manages to stay synced up until the third screen of level 5. Amazing.
Editor, Expert player (2459)
This game is very easy to follow even though I have never played the game. The graphics are crystal clear and the different objects are easily distinguished from the background. The character speed is also ideal, because it's fast enough to allow cool movements, but not too fast for the eye. The movie is very fun to watch. This version also looks quite perfectly played.
Skilled player (1885)
Good job, I was entertained the whole way through. It looked optimized too. Yes vote.
Experienced player (822)
Fun game to watch, and pretty short which is a great asset for this type of game. I especially enjoyed the dancing at the end of stage 5 and the dying at the end of stage 6. Voting yes.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
This game is weird. Parts from the middle-ages (bow and arrow) combined with parts from fantasy (gargoyles) is totally ok. But then there are electrical fences and flying drones - some of them even have machine-gun-like fire...anyway: voted yes due to the reasons Aqfaq mentioned.
Senior Moderator
Cool game, good improvement, voting yes. :(
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
Nice improvement, yes vote.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [989] NES Moon Crystal by JXQ in 08:39.82
Question: on the last level, around frame 21500, you hesitated at an electric barrier, then immediately afterward picked up health. Would it have been faster to get hit?