JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Gens Input Animator v2.1 This is a lot like the SNES9x Input Animator, so being familiar with that one will help use this one. Differences in the GMV format (compared to the SMV format) are what makes this utility behave a little differently. The biggest and most important difference is: This will always overwrite all 3 bytes of a frame that data is inserted on. The bytes to be written can now be toggled. Also, like before: Due to the immediate way this program changes data, it is strongly recommended to backup any file that you plan on opening with this program. Since Gens movies can either be of 2-player or 3-player format, this will be the determining factor in how many colors and spaces you have available for animating. This setting is moved to the main menu when a movie is open, because it typically should not be changed from its original value. I didn't do as much pre-release testing with this one, so if there are issues, let me know and I'll try to address them at some point. Have fun!
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
Alright, new toyz! Still, TOTALLY amazed with your SM run. Just watched it, again, today for the 69th time. Keep it up and you will surely become a legend in TAS history or TAS-guy of the year, hehe.. You already have a bunch of fan clubs with chicks all over ya while TASing. AnyWho!! I can't wait to see, what crazy shit you'll pop out next.
Active player (435)
He's soon to be popping out my child
I'm sciencing as fast as I can ! ______________________________________ <adelikat> once more balls enter the picture, everything gets a lot more entertraining <adelikat> mmmmm yummy penises
Removed: My sarcasm detector needs the function to take "jaysmadism" into account..
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
Raiscan wrote:
Removed: My sarcasm detector needs the function to take "jaysmadism" into account..
Yeah. I'm from Qc You'll get used to it. But, seriously, i was just telling JXQ how great his work is and how much it is appreciated, since no one here seems to give a damn but if you want, you can have some creds too.. Congrats Raiscan.. FOR PISSING ME OFF..... Just kidding bro :)
Experienced player (822)
I'm also appreciative, and may have put it to use with my Sonic Spinball run since there's a lot of dead time in that. I may play around with it sometime soon just to see, but in any case, THANKS JXQ!
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Youse guys is the greatest :') For v2 (first post updated), I added functionality to disable which of the 3 bytes are written to during any given insert. This can be used, for example, to place input on Player 2 without affecting what's already on Player 1 for those frames. Also, you can see an example of this program's use in my Sub-Terrania submission. Edit: v2.1 fix - Bugfix; the bug allowed writing one extra frame past the end of the file. The download link has been updated.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)