Its been 893 days ago since my last submission, so lest do something about it shall we? :)
  • Emulator used: dega-1.14a-win32.
  • Aims for fastest time.
  • Doesn't take damage to save time.
  • Uses warps.

Introduction

In Japan, it has been customary times long ago to worship the Inari Daimyojin (Fox Deity) as the god of harvests at Inari Shrines. It is said that groups of foxes having supernatural powers act as special priests at these Inari Shrines. One time, an evil fox became the special priest of an Inari Shrine and devised an evil plan to conquer the world. This evil fox, known as the Madfox Daimyojin, created strange creatures and finally was successfully able to conquer a country for his own evil purposes.
The other good foxes of the Inari Shrines ordered one of the younger foxes to fo out and rid the world of the evil Madfox Daimyojing who has caused so much trouble.The fox that was choosen was named Psycho Fox.
He began his mission by entering a strange world in order to defeat the many bizarre creatures and boss monsters found in each zone and finally conquer the Madfox Daimyojin using powerful punching technique and the ability to transform himself into other animals.
Psycho Fox also has a powerful friend named Bird Fly who can help him in dealing with attacking creatures. You can find Bird Fly here and there inside eggs.

About the run

This is a really nice adventure action platform game. Its really colorful and fun game to play.
The first thing that I had to do in this game was to find a Psycho Stick. With that I can change character to the tiger. After that its speed time. :)
You have 4 different characters that you can transform to.
  • Fox: All around dude. :)
  • Monkey: ability to jump high.
  • Hippopotamus with the ability of strength (to crash hard bricks and stuff like that)
  • Tiger with the ability to run fast.
I really wanna thank Pcc for all his work and developing of Dega-rerecord thingie, without it we shouldn't have SMS-TASing today :)

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Oh! I also corrected the ROM name.
  • You indicated PSYCHO_FOX.SMS
  • I updated it to Psycho Fox (UE) [!].sms

adelikat: I personally don't think this movie is a great choice for publication. Though I don't consider it to be a particularly bad choice either. It could go either way but the votes & comments indicate it belongs on the yes side of things. So I am accepting it for publication.

adelikat: Processing. Apparently windows users can't capture avis from dega >:/
Bisqwit: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1765: Frenom's SMS Psycho Fox in 02:12.60
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Having never heard of this game before, I definitely had a few "WTH is going on?" moments watching this. In my experience this usually means the game is being played too quickly for me to keep up. Well played and short, so yes vote.
Active player (432)
Very nice and entertaining run Frenom :) Its so good to see another SMS run, and its none other than Psycho Fox. Also, the jumping sound is so oldstyle :D I loved it. Promise you will work on a warpless run. This run really deserves it.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
"DOSUCOI!" Damn, that was quick. I'm surprised they let you warp all the way to the final world from the first round! Not to mention the tiger could very well match Sonic in terms of speed. Poor bird might have some complaints to file after this one, though. Voting yes for yet another short and sweet SMS run, even shorter than all the others. Crazy!
- The Green Herring
Don't blink, or you'll miss the whole run! Looks like a fun game, will make a note to play it when I get home to my desktop. Easy yes vote, though it kinda makes me want to see a warpless run. :p
Kirby said so, so it must be true. ( >'.')>
A psycho fox who in reality is a shape shifting psycho blob, who throws a fake Badtz-Maru at random eggs, who suddenly decides he is a sumo wrestler at the end... i believe we have a winner yes vote
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
Seems awfully simplistic and a bit too short. But it moves fast and has some interesting moments. A warpless movie might be more successful as it might more intricate moments and a better variety of levels. I give this a meh.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Former player
You should probably link to the emulator since it's not listed on the site.
Kyrsimys wrote:
You should probably link to the emulator since it's not listed on the site.
http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=149620&highlight=#149620
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Player (64)
adelikat wrote:
Seems awfully simplistic and a bit too short. But it moves fast and has some interesting moments. A warpless movie might be more successful as it might more intricate moments and a better variety of levels. I give this a meh.
I have to agree with this. It's a great game for playing normally, but for a TAS this seems... unsatisfactory. I'm finding that in general I much prefer warpless runs over those that use warps, even when it makes a much longer game, and I imagine that would hold true for this game. What little there is of the run seems well played, and the game is certainly nice to look at, especially considering it's an 8-bit game. It's just a little too short of a run. Going to hold off on voting for a bit but I'm leaning towards meh right now. EDIT: Voting yes, there's nothing wrong with the run. I guess I liked watching it, it was just very brief and simplistic. I'd like to think a longer run would be better, but it might just be long and simplistic instead...
Veeeeeeeeeery Gooooooooooooood!!!!! Good times when I was a little boy! Rsssssssssssss :)
ErmacOne Strogonoficamente sensível...
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I was actually just experimenting with SMS games and thought this might be a possibilty although it only just dawned on me that the run was on the workbench. Its a fun game to watch, although I suspect it can be done better. I'll give this a yes.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1033] SMS Psycho Fox by Frenom in 02:12.60