Submission Text Full Submission Page
In the Game of Sonic 3 stand alone, There are 5 competition levels in competition mode. This Tas speeds through these stages to give SEGA Genesis it's Title: Blast Processing. Played as Sonic himself, the Grand Prix of 2p competition mode with no items is easy.
-Aims for fastest time
-Abuses Programing errors in the game
Emulator Settings:
1p: 6 buttons 2p: 6 buttons

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
sgrunt
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Former player
Fails to beat unassisted times listed at TSC (edit: except for Balloon Park, which is an interesting glitch); therefore the run is nowhere near optimal and I will vote no. Also, is there any reason you didn't use the S3&K ROM, which seems to be the norm on the site for the other runs that have used it?
The Balloon Park Glitch Didn't Work on S3k
Currently working on: -Possibly the Wily Tower (Mega Man the Wily Wars)
Experienced player (822)
What sgrunt said. Also, other than the interesting glitch, I wasn't entertained, for the most part it looked like this could have been done by a semi-skilled player in real time. Before you make another TAS, I'd recommend making a topic about it (make sure you SEARCH for a topic before you create a new one), so you can see if it's a good idea, or if the game seems interesting enough to warrant a TAS.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Former player
This has actually been on my (very short) TAS wish list for a long time. This could be improved quite a bit though, I've done the first level 3½ seconds faster I think on console. It just takes a lot of rerecords to get something really really good. I hope this doesn't discourage you though. With some dedication and a lot of trial and error, I'm sure you could make this much faster. Good luck if you decide to try it. Edit: Also, I think I would like the run better with the S3K rom, but I understand if that balloon park glitch is tempting. I've never been a big fan of glitches like that though, and would have no problem if the "standard" sonic 3 rom was used here even if it meant a slower balloon park.
Zoey Ridin' High <Fabian_> I prett much never drunk
Skilled player (1533)
I'm gonna have to vote no. You didnt use the same strategy on each lap, so it's clearly not optimised enough, and you should've added bonuses to the race so you can get the speed boost.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!