Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is my 2nd attempt to TAS The Terminator for Sega Genesis. The run is very entertaining and uses many new and old glitches to improve the time by almost 20 seconds over my canceled TAS. This game is short, it only consists of 4 levels (5 if you count the TechNoir) Here are what this TAS details are:
-Aims for fastest time
-Abuses Programing Errors in the Game
-Manipulates luck
-Takes Damage to save time
-Plays on hardest difficulty
Emulator settings as always: default
Dear Aqfaq,
Skipping the big robot at the beginning just slows the 1st level down so I didn't go past it.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. I'm not sure I got the right ROM though. (I tried Terminator, The (U) [!].gen, which was the closest match to what you wrote.) Well, here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

Truncated: I am rejecting this submission due to generally negative feedback. It seems that the choice of game isn't good.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1794: kchrules's Genesis The Terminator in 07:16.27
Editor, Expert player (2459)
Congratulations, kchrules. I think this movie looks a bit better than the previous one. Anyway, it is still sloppy. I'm sorry. You play the game well, but you should try harder to find the first possible frame to start climbing the ladders, for example. Also, are you sure jumping to the ladders is faster than running to them? (Actually, I tested it and it was faster to just run to the ladders and start climbing as early as possible.) Why do you sometimes crouch when you reach the bottom of the ladders? You don't need to crouch. You also shot the wall for no reason and it did not look good. The movie as a whole is not bad, but it is not awesome either. The movies at TASvideos are supposed to be more or less awesome. Sorry, but I'm voting "meh".
It is indeed better played than the last submission, but like Aqfaq stated, it still looks a little sloppy. I noticed in the second level, second part, that you ended the level with a fair amount of Health left. So is it necessary to kill all those enemies on the bottom or could you just run through them to save a little time? I also noticed you did a random jump in the 3rd stage near the end, was to avoid been hit or something? Finally the game looks pretty shonky, it's a little bland and repetitive, but since it's only a short movie I can overlook that. Overall it's a "Meh" vote for me.
in the second level, your heath restocks on the second part. Jumping is for luck manipulation.
Currently working on: -Possibly the Wily Tower (Mega Man the Wily Wars)
Experienced player (822)
Still as jerky and boring as the first run, and I still have to vote no for it being a crappy game. Unless you find a major glitch to shorten this to sub 3:30, I won't be entertained by it.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Not a very exciting game to watch, and apparently not played as fast as possible, so I'm voting meh.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Could be more optimized. But the game itself is very bland. Not bad, but nothing at all noteworthy either. I will have to vote no.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects