Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Emulator used: Gens v2.12 Movie 9z (default settings)
  • Played on hardest difficulty
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
I chose this game because it was one of my favourite childhood Genesis games. I didn't own it but borrowed from a friend. Also, I wanted to know how fast this could be beaten, of course.
Difficulties were mainly in crowd control. Too many soldiers, explosions or cars in screen or just outside of it causes lag. This wasn't an issue in 1st and 4th missions.
WEAPONS
  • Machine Gun - endless amount of ammunition, shoots in 16 direction
  • Knife - killing an enemy soldier with a Knife gives you either arrows or bombs
  • Exploding Arrows - holding down shooting button charges a more powerful arrow
  • Timed Bombs - detonates after five seconds
MISSION 1 - Destroy a wall and escape
MISSION 2 - Rescue three secret agents and escape
MISSION 3 - Destroy a wall and escape
I take damage in the end to save time. It saved six frames IIRC.
MISSION 4 - Blow up enemy weapons (crates and helicopters) and escape
MISSION 5 - Kill all soldiers coming from wall with 3 gates and escape
Strange looking pathfinding between helicopters is to reduce lag.
MISSION 6 - Rescue Trautman

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1833: maTO's Genesis Rambo III in 09:17.40
Editor, Expert player (2459)
Nice work, maTO! There's nothing really surprising in this movie. Nevertheless, I enjoyed watching it, because it was done rather precisely and I know the game. I suppose the movie is not much worse than the Mercs movie. At least Rambo lags less.
While the game made for some good viewing, the video itself didn't look very polished. What's up with all the missed shots? Were those hitting enemies off-screen, or maybe for luck manipulation? I notice the rerecord density is relatively low, which suggests that time could be saved through greater precision. Those possible problems notwithstanding, I actually enjoyed this run quite a bit. It's fast-paced, and Rambo runs around ruining everyone's... pants. :) Tentative Yes vote. I hope the quality of play is up to snuff.
Editor, Expert player (2459)
Cool, good luck for the next version!
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!