Hello Bisqwit, it's NesVideoAgent here.
I created this pseudo-submission from movie #64.
I hope you don't mind ;)
(Don't reply to this message - it is automatically generated.)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #194: Tarzan's NES Bubble Bobble in 27:18.38
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [64] NES Bubble Bobble "2 players" by Tarzan in 27:18.38
this game was such a let down when I beat it for the first time, just to find out that u NEED 2 players for the happy ending! >:O
Active player (277)
Oh, is that how it is? I thought you only needed to beat the secret levels to see the best ending.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Player (24)
I think the trick is to collect a special item in Stage 99. But the better Player who can get this is the 2. Player. The item is more at the right side. When you are to slow it will disappear. Not sure if this is here the same. I remember it more from the C64 Version from this game. But I think that they are near the same and that the gameplay is maybe the same to see the best ending.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Player (79)
The special item on 99 lets you go to the 11 or so secret levels, then when you beat the last boss you have to have two players (one player can give a life to the other one) to get the best ending.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
I always thought that this game had a lot of randomness in it (what special items appear, what bubbles appear, etc.) but didn't realize until recently that almost nothing in this game is randomized. I wonder if this run's author realized that? I can't quite tell if he's purposely controlling which powerups appear or just fooling around between levels. (My guess is the latter since wouldn't it help to get both players the running shoes sooner?) Also, BTW, I've never seen so many unread posts suddenly appear like this. Looks like quite a run-watching spree for cideprojekt...
Player (36)
Maybe it's his "cideprojekt." Hnerk Hnerk Hnerk. Oh God, just shoot me now.
Build a man a fire, warm him for a day, Set a man on fire, warm him for the rest of his life.
This was one of my favourite childhood games, and I still play my cartridge from time to time. It's relatively easy to see that certain power-ups are recurring in certain levels. What I don't know is whether any power-up can occur in any level, but I've been able to get the speed shoes in the very first level. (Whether a 1- or 2-player game makes any difference here, I wouldn't know either.) My guess is that obtaining the power-ups he does was not a calculated effort. Edit: The type of umbrella that appears can be manipulated. There is a blue that allows you to skip 3 levels, and a red that skips 5. (The arcade version also had an umbrella that skipped 7 levels. Differences between games are listed in a Special Items FAQ for the arcade version, that is hosted at GameFAQs.) The exact numbers and other statistics should be in the FAQ. Seems you can affect the appearance of many things in the arcade game, so if this is carried over intact, you could easily get your way. Speed shoes and candy are the most relevant here, but most things have variables, apparently. Umbrellas appear throughout the game, and since every one potentially skips 5 levels, they will be worth waiting for. I think you need to get 20 water bubbles all in all for the 5-level umbrella to appear, so that should easily save time, if it can be affected to this result. Save a few water bubble to skip time-consuming levels, unless umbrellas stop appearing at some point. BSulpher's FAQ has information about "bubble-turned-items", and map layouts, so that is a good read. (Fun to turn bubbles into goodies as often as possible.) I also watched the movie again, and realised how much it bothers me when he doesn't attempt to get all the fruit and other extras. But what's actually detrimental is how he doesn't obtain the speed shoes until level 16 for player 2, and some 10 levels later for player 1. There is time to be saved there. Most levels would not benefit from the use of destruction power-ups, since they take time to appear, and the item activation animation can be slow. The one he used in the movie was one of the better ones, but I'm not sure it ultimately saves time compared to the conventional method with 2 players. Andreas
Editor, Publisher, Player (46)
Famtasia emulates Bubble Bobble with a terribly annoying beeping sound that constantly happens while the music plays. I'm not sure if I even should make new encodes for this movie. Anyway, here is my failed attempt at converting the Famtasia movie into an FCEUX movie. http://tasvideos.org/userfiles/info/75762026857499454
Editor, Player (67)
despoa wrote:
Famtasia emulates Bubble Bobble with a terribly annoying beeping sound that constantly happens while the music plays.
The problem is with the triangle wave, IIRC. You could potentially disable it when dumping the movie, but you might want to check with publishers if that's an acceptable workaround.
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.
Discussed it with Spikestuff. Turning off the triangle wave turns off the bass entirely and prevents video dumping from happening.